– Food blogger and culinary influencer Ayeh Manfre shared an easy pizza recipe – The delicious homemade recipe takes only 30 minutes to make – The dish is perfect for lunch or dinner and is super easy to meal prep as well
Can you freeze pizza dough SOFT PRETZEL BITES?
When that Easy Pizza Dough Soft Pretzel Bites craving strikes, raid the freezer then: 1. Preheat your oven to 325°F. 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or greased foil). 3. Arrange the frozen pretzel bites in a single layer.
How do you cook pizza dough for pretzels?
Transfer to a small serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. For the pretzel bites: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a tray with paper towels. Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Divide the pizza dough into four pieces and roll each piece into a rope about 3/4-inch in diameter.
Do soft pretzels need to rise before cooking?
When you suddenly get a craving for homemade soft pretzels and you’re not at the mall, you won’t need to wait for dough to rise if you use store-bought pizza dough! Serve, of course, with mustard.
How do you make soft pretzels with baking soda and water?
In a medium bowl, whisk together warm water and baking soda (the baking soda will not entirely dissolve). Dunk each pretzel into the water. Hold the pretzel dough over the bowl to let any excess water drip off, then transfer to the baking sheet.
Is pretzel dough same as pizza dough?
Are pretzel dough and pizza dough the same? What is this? Though pizza dough and pretzel dough aren’t identical—the former is a bit wetter—they are made from the same basic ingredients and, when boiled in water & baking soda bath before baking, pizza dough will get you very close.
Is pretzel dough the same as bagel dough?
Soft pretzels, pretzel bread (which is simply soft pretzel dough shaped into little loaves) and bagels are similar to each other, and different from most other breads, because they are boiled before baking. On contact with the hot water, the starches on the surface of the dough gelatinize, forming a protective crust.
Is pizza dough the same as bagel dough?
Yep. The thing about pizza dough is that it is actually very similar to bagel dough. It uses high gluten flour for that great stretchy quality, so you will get something that tastes like a bagel and not just round bread. And these days, terrific quality fresh pizza dough is readily available to everyone!
What can I add to pizza dough to make it softer?
If your dough is too sticky, simply add a little bit more flour. Though, make sure you don’t add to much. It should be soft and a little bit sticky. That will help you to have a chewy and soft texture.
What makes a pretzel taste like a pretzel?
Lye is a highly concentrated alkaline solution that gives the pretzels its unique taste and dark brown color. Lye is not harmful in small diluted quantities, but can cause severe burns to skin in contact with pure lye.
Do you have to boil pretzels before baking?
However, they aren’t particularly difficult to make, so long as you follow one necessary step. Soft pretzels have to be boiled in baking soda before they’re baked (via Taste of Home). Introducing the pretzel to the alkaline solution changes the pH level of the dough.
What makes a good pretzel?
What makes a great pretzel?
What gives pretzels their flavor?
Lye. The dough is simple; take a basic yeast-risen dough that can be readied in an afternoon. But the trick to great pretzels is dipping the pretzels in a liquid wash before baking — and not just any wash, but a combination of water and lye. That’s what gives pretzels their terrific color, texture and flavor.
Why are my pretzels dense?
The longer you boil, the more substantial crust you’ll have. Boiling cooks the outside of the dough, setting it, limiting expansion for the most part, so as the bread cooks and tries to expand, it has no where to go. You end up with a very dense center.
Can you make bread from store bought pizza dough?
You can make your own fry bread using prepared pizza dough. Slather it with butter and serve it with honey or cinnamon sugar for a delicious treat! To make fry bread, separate your pizza dough into balls. Roll out the balls, then fry them in a shallow pan with a thin layer of oil over medium heat.
How is bagel dough different from bread dough?
Bagel dough is stiffer than the average bread variety, because it contains less water; Harold McGee writes in McGee on Food and Cooking that ‘a standard bread dough has 65 parts water to 100 parts flour; bagel dough has only 45 or 50’.
How do you make store bought bagels better?
Put it in a toaster oven or an oven preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for four to five minutes. If it has been stored in an airtight container or plastic bag for no more than three days, toasting the bagel whole will reverse the staling and give you a crispy crust and chewy interior.
Why is my pizza dough so hard?
Sometimes when too much flour is added, dough will come out hard and stiff. This can be caused by overworking the dough either by hand or with a roller. Overworking dough will pop all the tiny bubbles that make pizza crust so airy and fluffy once cooked. The hard crust can also be caused by the type of flour you use.
How do you make pretzels with pizza dough?
How do you make homemade soft pretzels?
How to make and form pizza dough?
Easy Pizza Dough Soft Pretzel Bites
Easy Pizza Dough Soft Pretzel Bites are only 25 minutes and five ingredients away from being the best dish.
How to Make Soft Pretzels with Pizza Dough
- There are few things that store-bought or handmade pizza dough can’t accomplish, from calzones and stromboli to croutons and garlic knots, and that’s saying something.
- It may also be used to make the ultimate cinnamon buns, which are both savory and sweet!
- Soft pretzels, on the other hand, are the only savory carb that I have ever enjoyed more than soft pretzels.
Pretzels in every form and size, chewy and pillowy ideal soft pretzels.While I’m all for a batch of soft pretzel twists or bits that are 100 percent baked from scratch, there are occasions when a shortcut is necessary for virtually instant enjoyment.With the help of pizza dough, you can get hot, handcrafted soft pretzel pieces in just 25 minutes, instead of the usual 50.To answer your question, without a doubt, you can certainly use pizza dough to create soft pretzels.
Soft Pretzel Toppings
- With soft pretzel toppings, there are three separate paths to take: Classic salt
- everything seasoning
- and a variety of other flavors
- I’ll accept any and all of them!
- It doesn’t matter whatever topping you choose; a pre-bake egg yolk wash (and a post-baking soda soak) ensures that deep golden brown color.
- You may then choose to take the savory way and sprinkle them with salt or everything seasoning, or you can wait until after they’ve been cooked before dipping them in melted butter and coating them in cinnamon-sugar mixture before baking them again.
How to Freeze Soft Pretzels
- If some of these delicious soft pretzel nuggets go uneaten (I’m not experienced with this scenario, but I’ve been informed it may happen!
- ), they’ll freeze and reheat wonderfully in the microwave.
- Here’s how you’re going to go about it: 1.
Allow the pretzel bits to cool fully before serving.2.Arrange them on a baking sheet in a single layer so that they do not touch each other and store them in the freezer until they are completely frozen.Place the pretzel bits in a sealable plastic bag or an airtight container and store them in your freezer for up to two months.
How to Reheat Frozen Soft Pretzels
- When the need to make Easy Pizza Dough Soft Pretzel Bites comes, raid the freezer and prepare as follows: 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. 2. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper (or greased foil). 3. Lay out the frozen pretzel bits in a single layer on a baking sheet. 4. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and warmed through. Are you ready to begin your 25-minute countdown to these delightfully chewy, golden-brown nuggets sprinkled with everything spice that are seen below? Prepare the pizza dough and preheat the oven before beginning the soft pretzel-making process. Do you want to know more? To receive new recipes and our newsletter, simply subscribe to Just a Taste on Facebook or Twitter. Also, be sure to follow us on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of the newest news. ▢ 1 pound handmade or store-bought pizza dough, at room temperature (See Kelly’s Notes)
- 10 cups water
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1 big egg yolk, whisked with 1 Tablespoon water
- everything seasoning or salt, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper and spraying them with cooking spray.
- Lightly dust your work area, then cut the dough into 1-inch pieces with a sharp knife. (They do not have to be uniform in shape, but they should be around the same size.)
- Over medium-high heat, mix the water and baking soda together in a big heavy-bottomed stock pot with a tight fitting lid. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Working in batches, boil the pretzel bits for 1 minute, then move them to a single layer on the baking sheets that have been prepared, spacing them at least 1 inch apart
- repeat with the remaining pretzel bites.
- Using an egg wash, coat the pretzel bits and then sprinkle them with everything spice or salt.
- Bake the pretzel bits for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are a deep golden brown. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for a few moments before serving.
- It is much easier to roll out and shape room temperature pizza dough than chilled pizza dough
- Have you tried this recipe yet? Don’t forget to give it a star rating at the bottom of this page.
- Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste created this recipe.
- Please do not reprint this recipe without first obtaining my consent.
- In order to showcase this recipe on your website, please rewrite the technique of preparation and include a link to this page as the source of inspiration.
On September 2, 2021, an update was made.196 calories, 36 grams of carbohydrates, 7 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, 1 gram of saturated fat, 1 gram of trans fat 1 gram of fiber; 5 grams of sugar; 40 international units (IU) of vitamin A; 16 milligrams of calcium; 2 milligrams of iron; 27 milligrams of cholesterol
Take a look at some more mouthwatering options.
love the recipes on just a taste?
Take a look at my cookbook! The Secret Ingredient Cookbook, which includes 125 brand-new family-friendly recipes with unexpectedly delicious twists, is now available for purchase.
Pizza Dough Pretzels: A Smart Shortcut for Homemade Pretzels
- Soft pretzels that have just been cooked are one of my favorite snack foods.
- Soft pretzels are becoming increasingly popular on menus at a variety of establishments and vendors, but handmade soft pretzels are often much better.
- In addition, I’ve discovered a minor shortcut that makes them more easier than before: starting with pizza dough instead of pizza sauce.
Pizza dough pretzels are not only handy, but they are also simple to make since the dough has an elastic structure that makes it easy to roll and shape.It has a flavor that is reminiscent of a soft pretzel dough, which is a nice surprise….
Read on to learn how to make pizza dough pretzels!
Start with high-quality pizza dough.
- Of course, you can use store-bought pizza dough to make these soft pretzels, but if you want to save time, start with a pre-made dough.
- Pizza dough is readily accessible at most grocery shops, both in the prepared foods area and in the refrigerated aisle of the supermarket.
- For these pretzels, I started with a reasonably ordinary pizza dough, though you can use whole wheat pizza dough or herbed pizza dough, both of which I’ve seen pre-made, to make the same recipe.
Then, let the dough warm up a bit.
Remove the dough from its packaging and let it to come to room temperature before using it for the first time. When working with dough, room-temperature dough is the most convenient since it will be more elastic and will retain its form better than refrigerated dough. Roll it out, shape it, and bake it, and you’re ready to consume your creation!
Don’t forget these two secrets for even better homemade pretzels.
- When it comes to making your pretzels a success, there are a couple of techniques to remember.
- I’m not simply talking about perfecting your shaping technique until your twists are picture perfect.
- Baking soda and water are combined in a combination and then dipped into the pretzels before baking.
The baking soda generates an alkaline bath, which aids in the setting of the pretzel’s outside, resulting in a chewier, properly browned crust on the outside.In order to assist salt adhere to the pretzels while baking, brush the pretzels with beaten egg before baking.This will intensify the browning and give the pretzels a little glossy finish.When it comes to completing my pretzels, I often use coarse salt, but you can also use seasoning salt, garlic salt, or even a cinnamon-sugar combo, depending on what sort of pretzel you’re craving!
When it’s finally time to eat…
- The moment your pretzels are through baking, they are ready to be consumed straight away!
- You may serve them on their own, with mustard or cheese, or you can pair them with a dipping sauce of your own creation, such as these: I like to make my own dipping sauce by mixing two parts whole grain mustard and one part honey together.
- Make a dipping sauce that is reminiscent of cream cheese frosting by creaming together 3 ounces of cream cheese with 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 12 tablespoon milk, and a dash of vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
Serve with your favorite chips.For even more flavor, I recommend sprinkling a hefty sprinkle of cinnamon on top of the cream cheese dip before serving.
Soft pizza dough pretzels recipe
Makes 6 pretzels
- 16 ounces of pizza dough, 2 cups warm water, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 big egg, coarse salt, and a pizza stone
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Divide the pizza dough into six equal sections on a lightly floured surface (just enough so that the dough does not adhere to it).
Each piece should be rolled out into a rope about 24 inches long. If the dough is difficult to stretch or springs back, allow it to rest for 5 minutes before attempting to stretch it again.
Pretzels are formed by bringing the ends of a rope of dough together, twisting them around once, and then pulling the twist down into a pretzel shape.
Warm water and baking soda are whisked together in a medium-sized mixing basin (the baking soda will not entirely dissolve). Each pretzel should be dipped into the water. Hold the pretzel dough over the bowl, allowing any extra water to drain out, and then transfer to a baking sheet to finish baking. Repeat the process with the remaining pretzels.
In a small mixing basin, whisk together the egg. To decorate the pretzels’ tops, use a pastry brush to paint them with beaten egg. Toss with coarse salt until desired flavor is achieved.
Place the pretzels in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until they are a rich golden brown color. Allow the pretzels to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Make Delicious Pretzels From Scratch!
Stop purchasing bagels, pretzels, and bialys and start making your own for better-tasting alternatives. Sim Cass, proprietor of Balthazar Bakery, reveals his methods for working with yeasted dough in innovative ways to achieve the most tasty results possible. Now is the time to enroll «
Is pizza dough the same as pretzel dough?
Is the dough for pretzels and pizza the same thing? Though pizza dough and pretzel dough are not identical (the former is a little wetter), they are created from the same fundamental components and, when cooked in a water and baking soda bath before baking, pizza dough will get very close to being exactly like pretzel dough.
Is soft pretzel dough the same as bagel dough?
- Despite the fact that they are fairly similar in that they are both starchy and created from dough, they are not the same.
- The pretzel is cooked after the bagel dough has been boiled.
- Bagel and pretzel, in my opinion, are more closely related to each other than they are to each other.
Soft pretzels are more similar to bagels, but they are distinguished by the fact that they are not boiled prior to cooking.
How is pretzel dough different from bread dough?
A lot of folks are perplexed as to what makes a soft pretzel distinct from bread! This is because the dough is boiled prior to baking! The stage in this recipe that gives this Homemade Pretzel Bread its pretzel-like flavor is the boiling of the dough in a baking soda and water bath. The 20th of December, 2017.
How can I make my pizza dough soft?
How to Make Pizza Crust Softer (with Pictures) Increase the amount of water in your pizza dough. Allow as much time as possible for your pizza dough to rest. Always use your hands to shape the pizza dough. Don’t bake your pizza for an excessive amount of time.
What is the secret ingredient which makes a pretzel taste like a pretzel?
When it comes to creating pretzels, the trick is to soak them in water that has been diluted with lye before baking. A very strong alkaline solution, lye, is responsible for the pretzels’ distinct flavor and dark brown appearance.
Do you have to boil pretzels before baking?
Before baking soft pretzels, they must first be cooked in baking soda for a few minutes (via Taste of Home). Introduction of the pretzel to the alkaline solution results in a change in pH level of the dough. Only 10 to 15 seconds of boiling time is required, and this should be plenty for the job.
What makes a good pretzel?
Lye. The dough is straightforward; simply prepare a standard yeast-risen dough that may be prepared in an afternoon. However, the key to making excellent pretzels is to dip them in a liquid wash before baking them — and not just any wash, but one that contains a mix of water and lye. That’s what gives pretzels their distinctive color, texture, and flavor, among other things.
What makes the pretzel flavor?
After baking for around 20–30 seconds, dipping the pretzels in a hot alkaline solution (baking soda or food grade lye and hot water) gives them their distinctive flavor and brown coloration. The alkaline solution makes a significant contribution to the taste of the pretzels.
What is the difference between a Bavarian pretzel and a regular pretzel?
When it comes to pretzels in Germany, there isn’t much of a distinction between a Bavararian pretzel and a ″normal″ pretzel. Both are soft pretzels that are baked in bakeries and distributed around the country. Bavarians were historically more fond of pretzels than the rest of the country, although today pretzels can be found in bakeries and supermarkets throughout Europe.
What is the difference between hard and soft pretzels?
Soft pretzels bake in less time than hard pretzels. In most cases, soft pretzels may be baked in 15 minutes; hard pretzels, on the other hand, may require baking for up to an hour. As previously stated, the lack of moisture is responsible for the brittle quality of the hard pretzel.
What makes soft pretzels Brown?
The glossy brown surface of today’s pretzel is achieved by spraying the pretzel with a 1 to 2 percent solution of sodium hydroxide, often known as lye, or with sodium bicarbonate, respectively (baking soda). When cooked in a very hot oven, this gel hardens to a beautiful dark brown surface, retaining the distinctive flavor and developing a lustrous dark brown surface.
How much baking soda do you put in pretzels?
Boil 6 cups water and 2 teaspoons baking soda in a big, wide saucepan until the water is completely dissolved. Then, using a slotted spatula, carefully transfer one pretzel form to the bath and allow it to soak for one minute.
Why is my pizza dough not soft?
The first reason why your pizza dough becomes difficult is that it includes an excessive amount of flour in it.Alternatively, in baking words, the dough has a low moisture level.If the dough has an excessive amount of flour in comparison to the amount of water, the outcome will be a dry, tough pizza dough that is difficult to handle.The straightforward approach is to reduce the amount of flour used.
Why does my pizza dough get hard?
When you add too much flour to a dough, it might become hard and stiff, which is not ideal.Excessive handling of the dough, whether by hand or with a roller, might result in this condition.Overworking the dough will cause all of the little bubbles that make the pizza crust so light and fluffy to pop when it is baked in the oven.The type of flour you choose might also have an impact on the hardness of the crust.
How do you keep pizza crust from getting tough?
Furthermore, because it does not rise as much as wet dough, it becomes harder. Use little quantities of flour on the bench to aid in this process. To avoid sticking, lightly dust it and move rapidly to avoid snagging. By using less flour, but topping it up as necessary, you may ensure that you are just using the bare minimum of flour.
Why do you dip pretzels in baking soda before baking?
Baking soda, as previously said, is an essential element in the preparation of handmade pretzels. Pretzels get their characteristic color and chewy-on-the-inside quality from being dipped in a baking soda bath before to baking, which is achieved by soaking them in the solution prior to baking.
How do you keep soft pretzels from getting soggy?
It is usually best to wait until they have cooled fully (15-30 minutes), then store them in a sealed jar at room temperature for future use. Placing them in a sealed container before they have cooled allows humidity to build up in the container, which then coalesces and makes the crust soggy.
Pizza Dough Soft Pretzels
It’s safe to say that pretzels are my favorite snack food of all time.If I’m going out to eat and pretzels are an option on the menu, you can bet your bottom dollar that I’ll be getting them.I’ll eat pretzels from wherever, whether they’re from Auntie Anne’s, Bavarian, or the dreaded stadium.When I had leftover pizza dough from my pizza recipe, I wanted to come up with a creative way to use it (believe it or not, I was pizza-ed out at the time).After all, why not make pretzels out of the dough you’ve already made?The prep work had already been completed, and I was able to bake fresh pretzels in approximately 15 minutes.
- Using store-bought pizza dough or making your own is a great option!
- It is strongly recommended that you make your own pretzels, but if you want to make pretzels in a matter of minutes with no additional effort (which is especially enjoyable for children), you may easily purchase pre-made dough.
- I’ll take you through the process both ways!
Making your own pizza dough
A lot of trial and error went into perfecting my Neapolitan pizza crust recipe, but I’m quite satisfied with the end product!When it comes to this dish, the only ″issue,″ if you want to call it that, is that it is most effective when prepared in a pizza oven.Using a conventional oven does not produce the same results as using a pizza oven.I’m well aware that this is one of the factors that discourages many people from attempting it.However, when it comes to pretzels, you do not require a high-end oven!A standard oven (or even an air fryer) will do the trick perfectly.
The main ingredient
Pizza flour is something that a lot of people haven’t heard of before, and that’s just OK!In essence, pizza flour is a finely ground flour that is used for pizza.and it has an almost baby powder-like feel about it.I can’t suggest it highly enough if you want to produce a fantastic dough.It is really elastic, and it helps you to expand the dough very, very quickly and effortlessly.You may get the one I purchased from Amazon by clicking here.
- No problem if you don’t have any pizza flour.
- However, while I do not recommend using a different flour for pizza, I believe it will not be a significant issue for making pretzels.
- A close substitute is bread flour, which should work just as well as the original.
- If you don’t have pastry flour, you may substitute all-purpose flour, but the dough won’t be as smooth and simple to work with.
- Aside from flour, the recipe simply calls for yeast, salt, and a small amount of sugar.
- The sugar is completely optional!
Garlic powder and no sugar are used in my original pizza recipe, which is a variation on a traditional pizza dish.I prefer my pretzels with a sense of sweetness, which is why I don’t mind including a small amount of sugar in the recipe.However, it doesn’t make a significant impact in the flavor and may be deleted entirely.
How to knead the dough
After you’ve combined all of the ingredients, you’ll want to knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until it’s smooth and elastic.I use the ″fold and press″ approach (I’m not sure if that’s what it’s called, but that’s what we’re going to call it for now).Continue to do so until the dough ball is beautiful and smooth.Finished product In most circumstances, this should take no more than 5-8 minutes.I promise you that once it’s smooth, you’ll notice a change, and the dough will become difficult to knead once it’s finished, which is how you’ll know it’s done.I like to divide the dough into two smaller balls at this point since it makes it easier to work with the dough in the future.
- Simply brush the tops of the rolls with olive oil and cover them with a moist cloth while they rise for 1 hour is all that is required.
- Take a look at how much they have risen in only one hour: They’ll be ready to travel in an hour or less!
- Each of these dough balls will be transformed into four pretzels.
- You may store the dough in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days (or freeze it) if you want to use it later.
- If you want to do so, make sure the dough is allowed to come to room temperature for at least an hour before shaping it into pretzels.
Using pre-made dough
Fun fact: most pizzerias provide the option of purchasing a dough ball.Despite the fact that they do not market it, most establishments have no trouble selling you one of the dough balls.This is something I’ve done several times!Otherwise, pizza dough should be readily available at most grocery shops (check the freezer section, too).The only uncertainty with the pre-made dough is that they will not all be the same size, which is a given.I know exactly how many pretzels will be produced by my dough recipe.
- It’s possible that the next dough you purchase will be bigger!
- It is at this point that mathematics comes into play.
- I realize that’s a pain, but we’ll get it done quickly.
- Each dough ball in my pizza recipe has 550 calories, according to my calculations.
- I split the dough into four pretzels, with each pretzel containing around 135 calories.
- That is an excellent size for me!
If you buy pizza dough from the shop that has 800 calories and want to create pretzels that are the same size as mine, you would need to make around 6 pretzels.Having said that, you could prefer pretzels that are thicker or bigger in size.If that’s the case, you can divide it as you choose!
- If you don’t know what the nutritional value of the pizza dough is, you’ll have to guess based on your judgement.
- Start by breaking off a piece of dough and forming a pretzel; if it’s a good size, keep going in that direction.
- If this is not the case, make the necessary adjustments.
- Just keep in mind that, regardless of what you do, you must allow the dough to rest at room temperature for an hour before shaping it into pretzels.
- Dough that has been left out to cool will be difficult to deal with.
Alternative to pizza dough?
Here comes the very easy 2-ingredient dough to the rescue! Check out my 2-ingredient bagels recipe, and follow the directions here for the baking soda bath and baking time to transform them into pretzels! Pretzel bagels seem quite delicious, now that I think about it.
Making the pretzels
This may appear to be a long list of notes, but I assure you that this recipe is quite straightforward. Here’s a graphic to demonstrate what I’m talking about:
- Make sure your dough is on a lightly floured surface before rolling it out.
- Cut the pretzels into pieces (the number of pieces depends on the size of the pretzels you desire)
- Make a long rope out of your towel
- Form a U shape with your hands
- At the very top, twist (I prefer a double twist, but a single twist is more ″traditional″)
- Fold the top of the U over the bottom of it
- For about 30 seconds, soak the pretzels in a baking soda solution.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until pretzel salt (or coarse sea salt) is sprinkled on top.
- Serve with honey mustard or cheese and have pleasure in it.
- I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with! While I stayed with conventional pretzels, there are a plethora of other tastes to experiment with. Garlic and parmesan cheese on top, make them sweet with cinnamon and sugar, try cinnamon raisin pretzels, create pizza pretzels. the possibilities are endless. It’s a blank canvas on which you may express yourself! And if you’re a fan of pretzels like I am, you’ll want to check out these other pretzel recipes I have posted. Recipes: Soft Pretzel Skillet with Beer Cheese Dip (one of my favorites)
- Soft Pretzel Biscuits
- Soft Pretzel Skillet with Beer Cheese Dip (one of my faves)
For Pizza Dough (makes 2 dough balls)
- It’s fine to use bread flour or all-purpose flour in place of the Italian 00 flour
- 300g pizza flour (Italian 00 flour)
- 5g Instant Yeast (about 1 teaspoon) *also known as rapid-rise or quick-rise yeast
- 5 g salt (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute
- 3/4 cup warm water plus 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
For Baking Soda Bath
- 6 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Baking Soda
- Pretzel Salt / Coarse Sea Salt
- Prepare the pizza dough according to package directions (you can find the full instructions with photos in my pizza recipe here.) I’ll also include a summary of the dough preparation instructions below for your convenience. In the event that you already have dough, you can skip to step 6.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast, salt, and sugar substitute until well combined. Combine the ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup warm water into the mixing bowl and stir everything together with a silicone spatula until there is no more powder left. Add another 2 tablespoons warm water and mix everything together with your hands. It’s perfectly fine if the dough gets a little sticky!
- Generously flour a clean work surface before placing your dough on it. Using flour on your hands will also assist to reduce the stickiness of the dough. Knead the dough for 5-8 minutes, or until it is lovely and smooth, depending on how thick it is. A stand mixer with a dough attachment may be used, but I like to use my hands while making bread.
- Repeat the process with your palm to press and roll the dough, then fold it towards you.
- Once the dough has been smoothed out, divide it into two equal-sized pieces. I used a food scale to determine the entire weight, which I then divided equally by two. Once you have two balls, roll them around a couple more times to make them smoother and more uniform. Form a ball out of them and place them on the counter so that the smooth side is facing up. (Please bear in mind that you may make them into a single dough ball, but I find it easier to deal with smaller dough balls.)
- Toss each dough ball with 1 teaspoon of olive oil (you won’t need much) and massage the tops of the balls together. Cover the dough with a moist cloth and let it to rise for 1 hour. After that, it’s ready to go!
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and then prepare the baking soda bath in a separate bowl. In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup baking soda with approximately 6 cups water and bring to a boil over medium heat until the baking soda dissolves. Once the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to a low setting.
- While the water is heated, cut the dough ball into four pieces with a knife or a pizza cutter while the water is heating. If you want larger pretzels, you can cut more or less based on your preference. Roll each piece out until it is around 20-24″ long (this was the length of my pieces).
- To make the pretzels, start by making a big ″U″ shape out of the dough, twisting it at the top, and folding it down over the bottom of the U.
- Each pretzel should be gently dropped into the baking soda bath for 30 seconds, using a spatula. Remove from the oven and place on a baking sheet. Repeat the process for all of the pretzels.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the pretzels are golden brown, after which sprinkle coarse salt over the pretzels.
- They are ready to serve as soon as they are taken out of the oven. As a finishing touch, I melted one tablespoon of butter and brushed it across the tops of the cookies as soon as they came out of the oven. This is entirely optional, but no one has ever grumbled about a freshly baked pretzel with butter.
8 Pretzels each batch; 1 Pretzel per serving; 135 calories per serving; 135 carbohydrate calories per serving 28gFiber 1gProtein 5gDietary fiber
Pizza Dough Pretzel Bites
Prepare to be amazed by these ridiculously simple pizza dough pretzel nibbles! This pretzel nibbles recipe, which uses store-bought pizza dough, will be a hit with the whole family. Serve with dipping sauces such as queso and honey mustard pretzels. Do you enjoy PRETZEL BITES MADE AT HOME? You’ll want to have a look at the MANUAL.
Pretzel Bites Recipe with Pizza Dough
I enjoy making a snack where the children may participate.They enjoy it as well!In addition, the dipping sauces are a lot of fun.Let’s get this party started.Prepare ready-made pizza dough, which can be found at any grocery store or restaurant and is really simple to prepare.This pizza cutter is really fantastic.
- A streamlined design and dishwasher-friendliness make this a classic that has lasted the test of time.
- All of our pizza cutters with plastic handles have met their demise.
- Take care of yourself and purchase the final pizza cutter you will ever require.
- Pizza Dough Pretzels are made with the following ingredients: Pretzels are made with the following ingredients: pizza dough already prepared in a tube or container a quarter cup of baking soda 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 cup Velveeta cheese for the Queso Dip 12 cup mild salsa or diced tomatoes (drained or chopped) 12 cup honey, mustard, and a pinch of salt are required for the honey mustard dip.
- 1 tablespoon of honey 1 teaspoon of table salt Instructions for Making Pretzels using Pizza Dough:
- Using a cutting board as a surface, roll out the pizza dough.
- Cut the dough into 2-inch-by-2-inch squares and shape them into balls.
- In a large saucepan or pan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil over medium heat
- Pour in the baking soda slowly and carefully, then add the dough balls and cook for 2-4 minutes, or until they puff up and double in size
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the dough balls and set them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
- Allow time for cooling.
After that, roll the dough into balls and spread it out on a cutting board (I like wooden since it won’t stick).Then plunge into a pot of boiling water.Adults should be in charge of handling the component that contains boiling water.What if I told you that the only thing that keeps pizza dough from turning into pretzels is a brief soak in hot water laced with baking soda?You now possess this knowledge!A small amount of beaten egg helps the sea salt adhere to the dough.
- When it comes to pretzels, I believe that the more salt the better.
FAQ’s for Pizza Dough Pretzels:
Is the dough for pretzels and pizza the same thing?Though pizza dough and pretzel dough are not identical (the former is a little wetter), they are created from the same fundamental components and, when cooked in a water and baking soda bath before baking, pizza dough will get very near to being exactly the same.What is the difference between pizza dough and bread dough?The dough for pizza is created in the same way as bread dough, with the addition of a little amount of olive oil.It is made using flour, water, yeast, and salt, much like bread dough.Do Wetzel Pretzel Bites have a lot of calories in them?
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Pretzel Bites contain 450 calories per serving (one bag of pretzel bites).
- Bake them until they are golden brown.
- Then sprinkle with more salt.
- We like them best with queso (cheese with mild salsa) and honey mustard sauce on the side (regular mustard with a dash of honey).
- It’s that simple, people!
- They’ll be devoured by your children.
Make a double batch, just in case.To Make This Recipe Easier, Follow These Steps: You can see my complete disclosure policy here if you want to know more about how I make money from affiliate links.This pizza cutter is really fantastic.
- A streamlined design and dishwasher-friendliness make this a classic that has lasted the test of time.
- All of our pizza cutters with plastic handles have met their demise.
- Take care of yourself and purchase the final pizza cutter you will ever require.
- A slotted spoon for scooping the pretzel bits out of the boiling-hot water after they have been cooked.
- There’s no need to get burned when preparing a snack.
- Using ramekins for serving.
These are my favorite designs, and they’re ideal for hosting parties and events.Time required for preparation: 5 minutes Preparation time: 15 minutes Time allotted: 20 minutes in total Prepare to be amazed by these ridiculously simple pizza dough pretzel nibbles!This pretzel nibbles recipe, which uses store-bought pizza dough, will be a hit with the whole family.Serve with dipping sauces such as queso and honey mustard pretzels.
- 12 cup baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tube or container pre-made pizza dough
For Queso Dip:
- 1 cup, Velveeta
- ½ cup, mild salsa drained or diced tomatoes
For Honey Mustard Dip:
- ½ cup, mustard
- 1 teaspoon, honey
- 1 Tablespoon, salt
- Preheat the oven to 415 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a cutting board as a surface, roll out the pizza dough.
- Cut the dough into squares 2″ by 2″ and roll them into balls.
- In a large pot or pan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil over medium heat
- Stir in the baking soda until it is thoroughly dissolved.
- Cook the dough balls for about 2 minutes, or until they puff up and double in size
- remove from heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the dough balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Nonstick is the way to go, and this cookie sheet will not fail to meet your expectations.
- Brush a generous amount of egg on top of each dough ball before sprinkling salt over the entire cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
- Allow time for cooling.
- In the meantime, combine honey and mustard. Remove from consideration
- Heat the cheese in a saucepan and stir in the salsa
- Pretzel bites should be served with dipping sauces.
Scooping the pretzel bite dough out of the baking soda hot water bath with this slotted spoon is a breeze!
1 Serving Size (in grams): 77 calories per serving 3 g of total fat 1 gram of saturated fat 0 g of Trans Fat 2 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol: 47 milligrams Sodium: 6034 milligrams Carbohydrates (g): ten grams 3 g of dietary fiber 4 g of sugar 4 g of protein Do you like these simple pretzel bites?Try these delicious dishes, which can be done using pizza dough as well!Pretzels with a Pizza Stuffing Pretzel Bites with Cinnamon and Sugar Pizza with Peanut Butter and Jelly
How to make your own pretzel bread at home
Despite the fact that soft pretzels, pretzel bread (which is essentially soft pretzel dough cut into mini loaves), and bagels are all made from the same dough, they are distinct from most other breads in that they are boiled prior to baking.When the starches on the surface of the dough come into touch with the hot water, they gelatinize and harden, providing a protective crust.During the baking process, the crust will become distinctively lustrous and chewy.The solution in which bagels and pretzels are cooked makes a significant variation in the final product.Real bagels are cooked in water with a small amount of malt syrup, which permeates the dough and imparts a tiny sweetness and color to the finished product.For their characteristic, somewhat soapy flavor and rich brown color, pretzels are boiled in an alkaline solution before being baked.
- Pretzel Rolls from NewsdayIngredients: 3 cups of coffee (15.6 ounces) all-purpose flour that has not been bleached sliced into 1/2-inch pieces 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (not salted) 14 cups lukewarm water (about) 1 teaspoon quick yeast (optional) 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar that has been packed 1 teaspoon kosher salt (optional) a half cup of baking soda Pretzel salt, sesame seeds, and/or poppy seeds are some of the ingredients.
- forsprinkling Directions: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the flour and butter.
- Reduce the speed to low and mix until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In a mixing basin, combine the water, yeast, sugar, and kosher salt.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir the mixture several times until it resembles a rough dough.
- Replace the paddle with a dough hook to finish the job.
Knead the dough on a medium speed for about 10 minutes, or until it is springy and smooth.Place in a greased mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap; set aside for 1 hour.The dough will have a tiny rise to it.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and divide it into 8 equal pieces using a knife.
- Create a round out of each piece of dough by dragging the loose surface of the dough piece downward toward the tabletop and pinching it together on the underneath.
- Cup the dough round in both hands and rotate it several times to tighten the round and form it into a solid ball of dough.
- Place the rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pinched sides down.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 and up to 24 hours before serving.
- Place a rack in the centre of the oven.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.Using a big saucepan, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil.1 spoonful at a time, stir baking soda into boiling water until completely dissolved (it will bubble up).Drop dough rounds into the pot, three or four at a time, being careful not to overcrowd the pot.Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 seconds on one side, then turn and simmer for another 30 seconds on the other side.Removing with a slotted spoon, let excess liquid to drain, and placing back on the baking sheet, pinched sides down, at least 1 inch apart Pretzel salt, sesame seeds, and/or poppy seeds can be sprinkled on top.
- Create a ″x″ on the top of each roll using a sharp scissor by snipping it twice with the blade.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top is a deep crimson brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving warm or allowing it cool to room temperature.
- Pretzel rolls are best enjoyed as soon as they are baked.
- This recipe makes 8 rolls.
- Important Note: To create hot dog or sausage buns, press each piece into a 4-by-3-inch rectangle.
- Then fold it in thirds like you would when folding a letter, pinching the edges together to seal, and roll back and forth on the countertop to stretch it into a 6-inch cylinder.
- Pretzels are formed by rolling each dough piece into a 12-inch rope, twisting the ends together, and folding them toward the center of the pretzel mold.
- Get the latest local news sent directly to your inbox!
Make Your Own Bagels With This Genius Grocery Store Hack
With this fantastic shortcut, you’ll be the star of every weekend brunch.Bagels are one of those baking undertakings that many people are apprehensive about taking on.Although a high-gluten flour is often required, many people do not have it on hand, and the procedure needs two proofs, both boiling and baking, as well as an overnight rise in the fridge, there are no great bagel shops in the immediate vicinity.You may, however, simplify the process if you just have limited access to good bagels, or if someone in your household has been urging that you make them as a project.All you need is one hidden ingredient, and you’ll be well on your way to making delicious bagels in no time.Yep.
- The interesting thing about pizza dough is that it is extremely similar to bagel dough in many ways.
- It makes use of high gluten flour to give it that wonderful stretchy character, so you will get something that tastes more like a bagel than merely round bread.
- Also accessible nowadays is fantastic quality fresh pizza dough, which is readily available to everyone who wants it!
- Once you’ve created your pizza dough, it’s only a few simple steps away from freshly baked bagels.
- They won’t be able to take the place of a fantastic pro bagel, but they are a substantial improvement over the commercial bagged counterparts available at the supermarket.
How to make bagels with pizza dough
- Normally, one conventional pizza dough ball will yield around 4 big or 6 tiny bagels, but this recipe is all about eyeballing it, so don’t overthink it. Because the dough you purchase has already been proofed, all that is left is for you to do is shape it, boil it, and bake it! Here’s everything you’ll need: 1 fresh pizza dough ball
- Dark brown sugar
- White sugar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Top with optional garnishes, such as sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or an everything spice mix
The following is a simple step-by-step guide for producing bagels using pizza dough: 1.Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.While the oven is preheating, cut the dough ball into pieces that are approximately the size of a tangerine.Then, using your cupped hand, roll your dough into balls, pressing them against the countertop to help them stay firm.(If you are unfamiliar with this method, there are excellent tutorials available online to assist you!) 2.Using your thumb, punch a hole through the centre of each ball and gently pull on the hole to form a bagel shape.
- Make your dough a little larger than you think you’ll need since that flexible dough will try to tighten back up on itself!
- Aim for a height of around 2 inches.
- Bring two tablespoons of dark brown sugar and one tablespoon of white sugar to a boil together in a big wide saucepan in a stovetop oven for a couple of minutes.
- In the event that you happen to have brown rice syrup, barley malt syrup, or non-diastatic malt powder on hand, you can substitute one of those for the brown sugar.
- Once the water is boiling, add your bagels and boil for 2 minutes on the first side, then flip them over and cook for one more minute on the second side, before transferring them to a baking sheet.
5.If you want your bagels extra-brown or if you plan to top them with toppings such as poppyseeds, sesame seeds, or everything spice mix, lightly brush them with an egg wash before baking them.However, I prefer mine uncooked; the sugar in the boiling water aids in browning them.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes total, or until the potatoes are as browned as you want.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes longer if you want them crispy all over, but I enjoy the contrast of crispy on the bottom and chewy on top, so I don’t bother flipping them.
- That’s all there is to it!
- These are best eaten the same day they are made, but they will keep for a few days if stored in an airtight container.
- You will most likely want to toast them after the first day in order to get the most out of the experience.
Soft and Fluffy Pizza Dough Recipe
Forget about ordering pizza from a delivery service!Make your own fluffy handmade pizza dough with only six basic ingredients by following this recipe.This is a failsafe recipe for a delightfully crispy top with a soft and chewy within that is tender and tasty.Even if you have never attempted to make pizza at home before, it is highly recommended!There’s nothing wrong with ordering takeout, but it will never compare to the flavor of a home-cooked dinner.This is a fantastic meal for a comfortable lazy night in or for summer cookouts with friends and family!
- You may serve it with Potato Salad with Bacon, BLT Pasta Salad, or any other party food of your choice!
- Permit me to teach you how to produce the greatest homemade pizza dough using only six basic ingredients: water (with yeast), salt (with sugar), olive oil (with olive oil), and wheat (with flour).
Why this recipe works
It’s all about the crust when it comes to pizza!If possible, you want it to be soft and chewy with a delicious crunch to it.Water is the most important factor in this situation.Insufficient flour will result in dough that is difficult to work with.It will spread if you put too much in, and it will lose its shape.Consequently, we only need to add enough water to keep it wet, resulting in a crispy exterior that is soft and chewy on the inside.
- It’s very similar to how you’d go about making Homemade Sandwich Bread from scratch.
How to make Homemade Pizza Dough
1. Make the Dough
Warm water (about 110°F), yeast, and granulated sugar are combined in a stand mixer basin.5 minutes after stirring, remove the pan from the heat.The mixture will begin to bubble as a result of this (Photos 1-4).Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and all-purpose flour and cook for 5 minutes more (Photos 5-8).Mix the ingredients on a low speed in a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook until they are thoroughly incorporated.Allow it to rest for 5 minutes once it has been combined.
- The dough will be a little sticky when it is finished.
- NOTE: Because different brands of flour have varying textures and levels of moisture, you may need to use less or more flour depending on the brand.
- If your dough is too sticky, simply add a little more flour until it is no longer sticky.
- Make careful, however, that you do not overdo the additions.
- It should be soft and a little bit sticky when you bite into it.
- This will aid in the creation of a chewy and soft texture for your food.
For those who don’t have access to a stand mixer, first combine all ingredients with a spatula before working with your hands.When you’re finished, add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the dough and coat it evenly on all sides.Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and a clean cloth to keep the bacteria at bay.
- Allow it to rise for 2 hours, and it will more than double in size.
2. Shape and Bake
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.Remove the cloth and plastic wrap from the bowl and gently push the dough to deflate it when you are finished.Make a half-dozen copies of it.One half should be placed in a circular baking pan.Form the dough into a 12-inch disk by flattening and stretching it with your hands while lifting the edges (Photo 9).Bake at 475°F for 15-18 minutes on the center rack, topped with pizza sauce (or Homemade Marinara Sauce), mozzarella, and pepperoni, until the cheese is melted (Photos 10-12).
Tips for Best Results
- Because different brands of flour have varying textures and levels of moisture, you may find that you need to use less or more flour depending on the brand. If your dough is too sticky, simply add a little more flour until it is no longer sticky. Make careful, however, that you do not overdo the additions. It should be soft and a little bit sticky when you bite into it. The chewy and soft texture you achieve as a result of this will be enhanced.
- Keeping the dough proofed in the oven is something I enjoy doing (which is turned off). Due to the fact that this is a completely enclosed space with no breeze, this is the explanation.
- Classic. Margherita pizza is made with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni (optional). BBQ Chicken with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and basil. Pizza sauce, BBQ sauce, chicken, and mozzarella cheese are among the ingredients.
- Hawaiian. tomato sauce, cheese, ham, pineapple
- fig and prosciutto
- tomato sauce, cheese, ham, pineapple Tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, arugula, prosciutto, and figs are combined in this dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to refrigerate pizza dough?You may store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.Make a small amount of oil and place it in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place it in the refrigerator.Allow it to sit on the counter for 20-30 minutes before baking to allow the oven to heat up.Is it possible to freeze it?Yes!
- Divide the dough in half (if you’re freezing both) and gently coat them with oil before putting them in the freezer.
- You may wrap them individually in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil, or you can simply put them in zip lock bags as is.
- Freeze for a maximum of three months.
- When you’re ready to use it, place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove it from the refrigerator approximately 30 minutes before baking it.
- Have you tried this recipe yet?!?
I’d be interested in hearing how it came out!Please leave a remark and a rating in the section below.
Soft and Fluffy Homemade Pizza Dough
- Forget about ordering pizza from a delivery service! Make your own fluffy homemade pizza dough with only six simple ingredients by following this recipe. This is a foolproof recipe for a deliciously crispy crust with a soft and chewy interior that is soft and delicious. Preparation time: 10 minutes Preparation time: 18 minutes Total time: 2 hours and 30 minutes Courses include dinner and lunch. American cuisine is served. 2 pizzas are served per person. The calories in this recipe are 1111kcal. The following ingredients are needed: 1 314 cups warm water (approximately 110°F)
- 2 14teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 12 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 3 12 cups all-purpose flour
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1 34 cups warm water (about 110°F), 2 14 teaspoons active dry yeast, and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. 5 minutes after stirring, remove the pan from the heat. The mixture will begin to bubble as a result of this.
- After 5 minutes, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 12 teaspoon salt, and 3 12 cups all-purpose flour
- continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients on a low speed in a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook until they are thoroughly incorporated. Allow it to knead for 5 minutes on a low speed once it has been blended. The dough will be a little sticky when it is finished. (If you don’t have a stand mixer, combine all of the ingredients together with a spatula first, then knead with your hands.)
- NOTE: Because different brands of flour have varying textures and levels of moisture, you may need to use less or more flour depending on the brand. If your dough is too sticky, simply add a little more flour until it is no longer sticky. Make careful, however, that you do not overdo the additions. It should be soft and a little bit sticky when you bite into it. The chewy and soft texture you achieve as a result of this will be enhanced.
- When finished, drizzle another 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the dough to coat it on all sides.
- Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and a clean cloth to keep the bacteria at bay. Allow it to rise for 2 hours, and it will more than double in size.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit when you’re ready.
- Then, carefully remove the towel and plastic wrap from the bowl and gently massage the dough to deflate it a little further. Make a halves cut in half.
- One-half of the dough should be placed in a circular baking pan. Flatten and stretch the dough into a 12-inch disk with your hands, lifting the edges as you go
- Toss with pizza sauce (or Homemade Marinara Sauce), cheese, and pepperoni before baking for 15-18 minutes on the center rack at 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When it’s finished, let it aside for 5 minutes before cutting it into 8 pieces with a pizza cutter and serving it.
Because different brands of flour have varying textures and levels of moisture, you may find that you need to use less or more flour depending on the brand.If your dough is too sticky, simply add a little more flour until it is no longer sticky.Make careful, however, that you do not overdo the additions.Perfect dough should be soft and a touch sticky on the outside, and firm on the inside.This will aid in the creation of a chewy and soft texture for your food.Keeping the dough proofed in the oven is something I enjoy doing (which is turned off).
- The explanation for this is that this is a completely enclosed space with no breeze.
- Is it possible to refrigerate it?
- You may store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Make a little amount of oil and set it in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Allow it to sit on the counter for 20-30 minutes before baking to allow the oven to heat up.
- Is it possible to freeze it?
Yes!Divide the dough in half (if you’re freezing both) and gently coat them with oil before putting them in the freezer.You may wrap them individually in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil, or you can simply put them in zip lock bags as is.
- Freeze for a maximum of three months.
- When you’re ready to use the dough, place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove it from the refrigerator approximately 30 minutes before baking it.
- Ideas for Toppings
- Classic. Margherita pizza is made with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, a