It didn’t explain the closure, nor could we find an explanation online, so we contacted company spokesperson Charlotte Wayte, who just replied: “Unfortunately, we did have to close temporarily due to a an employee testing positive for COVID [once we were informed, we immediately closed the store and performed a deep
What has happened to MOD Pizza?
A lot has happened since that first MOD Pizza location in downtown Seattle opened in 2008. The chain has opened new locations left and right, growing at a ridiculous pace. As of May, 2019, National Restaurant News reported that MOD Pizza was the fastest-growing Top 200 restaurant chain for a second year, after earning the title in 2018 as well.
What is impact hiring at modmod pizza?
MOD Pizza calls it ‘impact hiring,’ and according to Entrepreneur, the company partners with community organizations devoted to offering career counseling for those who were incarcerated, as well as organizations helping those with autism, and ADHD, and other disabilities.
How long does it take to cook a MOD Pizza?
MOD’s gas-fired ovens cook at such a high temperature it only takes a few minutes, depending on the number of toppings. Our ovens are pretty big so a lot of pizzas can be cooked at the same time. The result – you get your pizza superfast. Do you deliver? All of your MOD favorites are available for delivery online or from the MOD App.
Can you drink at MOD Pizza?
Sure, there are a million pizza and salad topping options, but the real surprise at MOD is that customers can sit down with a pizza and order pretty well anything they could want to drink to go with it. Most surprisingly is that MOD offers glasses of wine and bottles or cans of beer among their drink options.
What happened MOD Pizza?
The UK arm of American chain MOD Pizza has shut down with the closure of all its restaurants. Documents on Companies House show liquidators at Campbell Crossley & Davis were appointed to the chain on 23 September.
Is MOD Pizza owned by Starbucks?
Mod Pizza has an interesting history.
They sold their company to Starbucks coffee in 1998.
What is MOD Pizza short for?
The acronym ‘MOD’ in the company’s name stands for ‘Made on Demand.’ Its menu features pizzas made with organic dough and gourmet ingredients that are cooked in three minutes using stone ovens at 800 °F (425 °C).
Who owns MOD Pizza?
MOD Pizza is a purpose-led, people-first brand founded in Seattle in 2008 by serial entrepreneurs Scott and Ally Svenson.
What came first blaze or mod?
While MOD is the fastest-growing chain, Blaze Pizza is the second-fastest-growing and has been massively successful since being launched in 2011 by the founders of Wetzel’s Pretzels.
Is MOD Pizza healthy?
The Tristan at MOD Pizza
It’s topped with roasted red peppers, mushrooms, asiago and mozzarella. By replacing high calorie, processed toppings such as pepperoni and sausage with healthy vegetable toppings, you’re able to make pizza into a much healthier and lighter choice.
What is the white sauce at MOD Pizza?
Contains soybean or coconut oil that is highly refined and therefore per the FDA is not considered to be an allergen.
How does MOD Pizza cook their pizza?
How do you cook pizzas so fast? MOD’s gas-fired ovens cook at such a high temperature it only takes a few minutes, depending on the number of toppings. Our ovens are pretty big so a lot of pizzas can be cooked at the same time. The result – you get your pizza superfast.
Why is MOD Pizza so successful?
Its rapid expansion is due to both a high-quality, customizable product, but also through its purposeful corporate culture and brand story. In short, MOD Pizza’s commitment to purpose, people and pizza has lead the company to success.
Is MOD Pizza the same as Blaze Pizza?
The two chains have near-identical concepts: speedy, customizable, freshly made pizzas with grab-and-go sides and beer on tap. So who does it better? Since I’m from Seattle, MOD was my go-to fast-casual pizza first. But I frequently ate at Blaze during my college years in the Midwest.
How big is a 10 in pizza?
A 10 inch pizza is 78 square inches and can serve 1-3 people. There are usually four pizza sizes for consumers to pick. A small or personal pizza is between 8 and 10 inches and offers around six slices, while a 12-inch pizza (medium-sized) yields approximately eight pieces.
Which pizza franchise makes the most money?
Pizza chains in the U.S. with the highest sales 2020
With sales worth approximately 8.29 billion U.S. dollars, Domino’s Pizza was the leading pizza restaurant chain in the United States in 2020. Pizza Hut and Little Caesars were ranked second and third, respectively.
How much do MOD Pizza owners make?
MOD Pizza has seen good growth in its revenue from its franchisees. The income statement above shows the revenues that the holding company has made from its franchisees. In 2019, the holding company had a net income of over $4.6 million. This income statement does not include 367 corporate-owned locations.
What is the fastest growing pizza chain?
America seems to love them too because according to Nation’s Restaurant News, Mod Pizza, founded in Seattle in 2008 by a husband and wife team, is America’s fastest-growing restaurant chain in 2019 — the second year in a row they’ve enjoyed that honor.
The Untold Truth Of MOD Pizza
- Pizza is one of the most widely accepted foods that has ever existed.
- What should I have for lunch at the office?
- What should you get for supper if you’re in a hurry?
- It’s just much every child’s favorite snack, and it’s also a popular choice among adults as well.
- Approximately one in every eight Americans eats pizza on any given day, according to the publication The Guardian.
- There’s a lot of sauce, a lot of cheese, and a whole lot of bread to get through in that amount of time.
- Customization is an important part of the appeal of pizza.
- The days of ordering a pizza with only cheese or pepperoni are long gone.
- Anyone who enjoys pizza knows that they can get precisely what they want on their pie, and now there’s a relatively new pizza shop on the street that allows everyone to get exactly what they want on their pie – in a couple of minutes.
- Incredibly quick, MOD Pizza, a fast-casual pizza establishment, is catching the world by storm and expanding at an unbelievable speed.
- We wanted to take a closer look at MOD to see what they were all about, from their corporate philosophy to their extensive selection of toppings.
- Here’s the reality about MOD Pizza that nobody wants to hear.
MOD Pizza started in Seattle
- MOD Pizza is the new kid on the block when compared to pizza behemoths such as Pizza Hut and Domino’s, which have been around for decades.
- MOD Pizza first opened its doors in Seattle, Washington, back in 2008.
- Although Scott and Ally Svenson were motivated to build their first pizza shop in their hometown of Seattle, their motivation wasn’t only based on a desire to provide the world with another pizza alternative.
- The Svensons were committed to building a workplace that their employees would like and in which they would be able to flourish.
- Scott came from a background in investment banking, while Ally came from a history in the publishing sector, before the pair decided to take a different path and launched the Seattle Coffee Company in London in 1995.
- In order to start a new firm, they had both quit their previous positions, and their leap of faith had certainly paid off for them.
- In 1998, the Svensons sold Seattle Coffee Company to Starbucks for a sum estimated to be in the neighborhood of $90 million.
- Ten years later, they returned to Seattle and began exploring the local pizza culture, which resulted in the creation of MOD Pizza.
MOD Pizza loves hiring ex-cons
- There aren’t many instances in which a corporation is open to recruiting people with criminal history, particularly those with felonies.
- Yes, several states have enacted a ‘Ban the Box’ regulation, which allows candidates to go through a fair screening process and maybe even an interview before any questions about their criminal history are answered.
- However, even with that law in place, employers are not overly enthusiastic about welcome ex-offenders back into the workforce.
- MOD Pizza, on the other hand, does not operate in this manner.
- When the Svensons decided to start MOD, part of their purpose was to provide a nice location for workers to come to work.
- Since the outset, they have welcomed people from a variety of different backgrounds.
- MOD Pizza refers to this practice as ″impact hiring,″ and according to Entrepreneur, the company collaborates with community organizations that provide career counseling to those who have been incarcerated, as well as organizations that assist those who have autism, ADHD, and other disabilities, among other things.
- Entrepreneur magazine quoted Ally Svenson as saying, ″Individuals go to job fairs and employ two or three people.″ ″But we just hire that way,″ Svenson said.
- Despite the fact that MOD does not keep track of the number of impact hiring made, the firm claims that those employees are some of their most successful.
MOD Pizza is growing ridiculously fast
- Since the first MOD Pizza store in downtown Seattle opened its doors in 2008, a great deal has changed.
- The business has been opening new stores left and right, and it is expanding at an alarming rate.
- MOD Pizza was named the fastest-growing Top 200 restaurant chain for the second year in a row by National Restaurant News in May of this year, following its recognition as the fastest-growing Top 200 restaurant chain the previous year.
- MOD Pizza had a 44.7 percent increase in sales in 2019, bringing the company’s total sales to 390.7 million.
- After the year came to a conclusion, MOD stated that it had expanded 102 sites in the previous year, resulting in the creation of over 2000 new jobs for persons who had previously experienced impediments to work.
- In May of this year, the firm declared its intention to rapidly expand, with a goal of 1,000 outlets over a five-year period, resulting in the creation of more than 14,000 new employment overall.
- Canada will be the focus of their future growth, with the Vancouver Island region of British Columbia serving as the site of their first development project.
- If you don’t happen to have a MOD Pizza nearby.
- It’s likely that you will in the near future.
MOD Pizza’s founders didn’t care about the recession
- Some of the most inspiring business tales are those that include people who made the decision to take a tremendous leap of faith.
- On the other hand, it’s not everyday that you read of new enterprises taking that leap of faith right at the start of a countrywide economic downturn.
- According to The Balance, there were hints of a recession as early as 2006, but the real catastrophe occurred in 2008, when the GDP contracted by 0.3 percent, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, two government-sponsored mortgage insurers, went bankrupt, and the stock market fell.
- The Svensons were of the opinion that this was not the greatest moment to start a new firm.
- But that didn’t deter them in the least.
- In an interview with Business Insider, Ally Svenson explained that it wasn’t a very logical moment to launch a restaurant, but they chose to take use of the situation to their benefit.
- Because MOD Pizza was committed to providing customers with what they desired, a large part of their business strategy was based on their price structure.
- During the crisis, the one-price concept, which allowed a client to obtain a pizza with limitless toppings, was extremely helpful for individuals who had limited disposable cash.
- And, with devoted personnel, excellent customer service, and a quality product, their strategy was able to catapult them into a flourishing firm that survived the recession and is only expected to expand from here on out.
MOD Pizza sued over its name
- The naming of their firm, MOD Pizza, was more than simply coming up with a distinctive name that people would know and remember; it was also about branding the company.
- The term MOD, which is an abbreviation for ″Made on Demand,″ was chosen on purpose to emphasize the company’s commitment to meeting the demands of its customers.
- However, when another firm attempted to utilize a similar version of their name, the corporation moved quickly to get it removed from the market.
- Within a year of the initial MOD Pizza restaurant opening, another fast-casual alternative, Modmarket, debuted in the same building in 2009.
- Everything on the menu, including the pizzas, salads, and sandwiches, seemed a little too identical.
- Having both firms considering national expansions at the time, as well as MOD Pizza losing a proposal to open in the Denver International Airport because Modmarket was already in place and their name was confusingly close to one other, things became tense.
- Modmarket filed a lawsuit, and subsequently MOD Pizza filed a lawsuit to assert their senior trademark ownership rights.
- A compromise was reached, and Modmarket began working on a name change to Modern Market, leaving MOD Pizza with its meaningful moniker as a legacy.
The topping options at MOD Pizza are ridiculous
- MOD is like a pizza Disneyland for grownups, and walking into the building is a treat.
- Pizza may be customized to include anything and everything you like.
- Everything, in a nutshell.
- In a way, it’s almost deceptive.
- However, the way Scott and Ally Svenson meant it, they wanted customers to be able to put precisely what they wanted on their pizza.
- As soon as clients enter through the door, they may pick their crust and, if they choose, a salad choice.
- Afterwards, the toppings are put through their paces.
- In order to get the party started, there are six various sorts of sauces, including pesto and barbeque sauce, and seven different varieties of cheese, ranging from ricotta to feta to Gorgonzola, to choose from.
- Choose one of the nine meat selections, or perhaps all of them if you’re feeling really adventurous, but be sure to save room for all of the vegetables on the plate.
- Featuring roasted broccoli, corn, and red peppers, as well as traditional ingredients such as onions, mushrooms, and pineapple, this dish has nearly everything you could ever want.
- You are more than sure to find more than a few toppings that you haven’t tried on a pizza before, and here is your chance to do so now.
- Most importantly, consumers will never be charged more for adding additional toppings to their orders.
You can grab a pizza and a beer at MOD Pizza
- There aren’t many locations you can go, especially if you’re traveling with children, where every single member of the family can get precisely what they want to eat, which is especially true when it comes to eating pizza.
- MOD Pizza, on the other hand, goes much further than that.
- The major surprise at MOD is that consumers can sit down with a pizza and order pretty much whatever they could possibly want to drink to go with it.
- Sure, there are a million different pizza and salad topping possibilities.
- The most shocking thing about MOD’s beverage selection is that they sell glasses of wine as well as bottles or cans of beer.
- Aside from that, several of the sites include outside seating, allowing customers to enjoy their ideal pizza while sipping on a refreshing beverage in the sunshine.
- In accordance with the company’s website, they choose regional and local alternatives for each pizza business, thus transforming it into a true neighborhood institution.
- Along with house-made teas and lemonades, there are hand-spun milkshakes to round out the beverage selection to please every pallet.
MOD Pizza’s dough recipe is actually quite simple
- Shutterstock Maybe some of the appeal and spike in popularity of MOD Pizza can be traced back to the dough that is used in its creation.
- In the end, after all, a decent pizza foundation is required!
- Taking a look at the ingredient list for MOD’s dough reveals that it contains unbleached wheat flour, water, olive oil, sea salt, yeast, and a special addition called dough improver that is composed of wheat flour, barley flour, ascorbic acid, and enzymes.
- MOD is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of women in the field of food science and technology.
- When the enzymes are introduced, they function as catalysts, accelerating the breakdown of starch into sugar.
- Ascorbic acid is a kind of vitamin C that is used to strengthen the gluten in the dough, and it is a form of vitamin C.
- Aside from the dough enhancements, the components are nearly identical to those that you would need to make a batch of pizza dough in your own kitchen.
- The formula is actually pretty easy when compared to its peers in the business.
- Of course, the ingredients in Pizza Hut’s hand-tossed dough include wheat, yeast, and water.
- However, the dough also contains DATEM, which is used to increase volume and consistency, in addition to sugar and sucralose.
- MOD Pizza’s recipe, despite the fact that it is a major and rapidly expanding pizza company, is surprisingly simple.
MOD Pizza is ideal for college students
- The task of managing money at college may be quite difficult, particularly when trying to strike a balance between eating Ramen noodles in a dorm room most nights and wanting to go out with friends every once and again.
- A common misconception among students is that preparing their own meals would help them save money.
- However, MOD provides the ideal solution for those who want to strike a balance between the two.
- When a consumer visits MOD Pizza, they know precisely how much money they are going to spend.
- The notion of enabling people to enjoy delicious, entertaining cuisine while living on a restricted income is one of the foundations on which the Svensons established their firm, and college students may certainly take advantage of this.
- It makes no difference if you put two ingredients on a pizza or 22 ingredients on a pizza.
- And a college student in Chico, California, put it to the test for the Enterprise-Record newspaper.
- If you’re a Chico State University student like Josh Cozine, MOD Pizza is the perfect spot to go when you only have $11 in your pocket to grab an exceptionally satisfying lunch, as well as leftovers for later on during the midnight cramming session.
- Any student may add on as many toppings as they like, making their pizza more full and, as a result, stretching their dollar even farther.
How do you cook pizzas in such a short amount of time?Cooking in MOD’s gas-fired ovens takes only a few minutes since the temperature is so high.The time required depends on the amount of toppings used.Our ovens are rather large, allowing us to cook a large number of pizzas at the same time.
As a consequence, you will receive your pizza in record time.Do you provide delivery service?The MOD App, as well as the MOD website, offer delivery of all of your favorite MOD products.
- Here’s where you’ll find all you need to know: Delivery Frequently Asked Questions When it comes to reheating my MOD pizza, what is the most effective method?
- Preheat the oven to 550 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees for 2-3 minutes after placing your pizza on a cookie sheet.
- Can you tell me where I can obtain nutritional and allergy information on the foods on the menu?
- Do you have any gluten-free choices available?
- We have a gluten-free and a cauliflower-based crust option available.
In addition, because we produce all of our food on a single serving line, we cannot ensure that any of our menu items are free of allergens or gluten, and we do not suggest any of our crust alternatives to anyone with gluten intolerance.Do you have any vegan choices available?Vegans and vegetarians can find plenty of delicious alternatives at MOD.
Our standard and gluten-friendly pizza dough, as well as our vegan cheese, are all free of dairy.Then add anything you like to your pizza or salad to finish it off – just make sure to tell your MOD Squader about any dietary restrictions.If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If I want to work at MOD, how can I get in touch with them?We are ALWAYS on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join the MOD Squad.Apply online or visit your local Ministry of Defense office.Job Fairs will be announced on our Facebook page, so make sure you like us there!
Do you provide MOD gift cards for purchase?MOD gift cards are available for purchase at every MOD store and in any monetary amount.MOD does not offer gift cards on the internet.Does MOD recycle its waste?
We recycle wherever it is possible.Because certain jurisdictions do not provide recycling, we have made all of our pizza boxes, napkins, salad containers, cups, straws, and utensils 100 percent biodegradable to comply with this requirement.Is it possible to purchase a franchise from MOD?
MOD is a privately held corporation that operates company-owned outlets as well as a small set of strategic franchise locations.As we continue to expand, we are searching for new partners that share our values, have a proven track record of success, and are capable of establishing a large presence in a significant market.More information is available here: http://www.cnn.com/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/c Is the MOD willing to make donations to charity events?The MOD Foundation is devoted to spreading MODness at the local level, with a particular emphasis on organizations that help adolescents and families.
Our team would want to hear from you if your organization is located near a MOD Pizza and provides services to your local community.Learn more about it right now.Do you provide catering services for events?
- To celebrate corporate events, children’s parties, and other gatherings, MOD takeaway is a terrific option — we can even slice pizzas into appetizer-size portions (just let us know).
- Is it possible for us to throw a party at MOD?
- Of course, we like a nice party as much as anyone.
- Some MODs offer communal tables that may be rented for groups of up to six people.
- There are also a few establishments that have distinct spaces that may be reserved for events such as parties or business meetings.
- Please get in touch with your local MOD to see what we can do.
I really enjoy your music; is there a way for me to listen to it on the go?By accessing our music player, you will be able to listen to MOD’s music.There are nearly 2,000 music from various decades and genres, including high-energy favorites such as The Clash and The Ramones, as well as lesser-known artists.What is your stance on animal welfare issues?You may learn everything you need to know about our ingredient sourcing and animal welfare practices by visiting our website at: Our Commitment to Quality Food.
Snoqualmie MOD Pizza temporarily closed after employee tests positive for COVID-19
When the famous Snoqualmie Ridge MOD Pizza store closed on Saturday, July 11, 2020, locals in Snoqualmie began asking questions on social media, prompting the establishment to respond.Many speculations, including the possibility of a coronavirus, were posted on social media sites, as is often the case.According to locals, signage at the area claimed that it was temporarily closed, but did not provide a reason for the closure.MOD Pizza Public Relations Director Charlotte Wayte stated on Monday, July 13th, that an employee at the Snoqualmie Ridge location had tested positive for COVID-19.
The company’s spokesperson, Wayte, stated in an email, ″Once we were notified, we promptly closed the shop and did a thorough cleaning in accordance with CDC protocols, and all affected personnel were immediately contacted and separated (also in accordance with CDC rules).″ Wayte stated that she would inquire as to the status of the reopening and follow up as soon as she received an answer.According to the MOD’s website, enhanced daily cleaning, thorough and frequent employee hand washing, employee face covering and glove wearing, additional high frequency touchpoint cleaning, employee temperature and wellness checks prior to shifts, and a dedicated COVID-19 health review team are all part of the restaurant and staff safety protocols.Founded in Seattle, Washington, in 2008, MOD Pizza now has more than 400 outlets around the United States and the United Kingdom.
- The Snoqualmie Ridge facility first opened its doors in November of last year.
- During the previous two weeks, King County Public Health has reported a total of 10 new coronavirus infections in Snoqualmie (both within the city limits and in unincorporated areas).
- Two of the new Snoqualmie cases were reported on the 12th and 13th of July, respectively.
MOD Pizza CEO Uplifts Workforce While Fighting Coronavirus
When MOD Pizza CEO Scott Svenson was the starting quarterback for Harvard, he had aspirations of being an NFL starter.Then he suffered a blown out shoulder on a botched play.He decided to alter his life plans.X Svenson was hit badly by the Covid-19 epidemic again only a few weeks ago.
Not only was his shoulder blown out this time, but so did his back.It was the center of his universe.Svenson is up against a formidable opponent in his role as CEO and co-founder of MOD Pizza.
- Because of the plague of coronavirus, his enormously successful ″pizza with a purpose″ franchise is in danger of going out of business.
- MOD’s headquarters were in Seattle, which was one of the first cities to be attacked by Covid-19 and was hammered particularly hard.
- As a result, the company had roughly half of its revenue disappear in a couple of weeks.
- You may sit in MOD and watch as your custom-made pizza is cooked in front of you.
- The model has been completely flipped on its head.
- All of the company’s dining rooms were closed for a period of time.
It has recently narrowed its focus to takeout and delivery alone.MOD even closed 15 of its 485 stores, which were located on college campuses and on the Microsoft headquarters site, for a period of time.However, he has faced and conquered obstacles in the past.
Stay True To Your Key Values Like The MOD Pizza CEO
Svenson’s choice to preserve the vast majority of his 10,000 workers — as well as to adhere to the basic concept of MOD Pizza’s business objective to help others — is an inspiration to an industry in desperate need of optimism.According to the National Restaurant Association, the restaurant sector has shed more than 3 million jobs and lost more than $25 billion in sales since March 1.The 11-year-old MOD (which stands for Made on Demand) hasn’t given up on its passionate desire to make the world a better place while simultaneously looking out for the well-being of its employees.According to Svenson, 54, ″when faced with a catastrophe like this, the natural impulse is to do everything you can to survive.″ The Svensons and his wife, Ally, previously developed Seattle Coffee, which they later sold to Starbucks (SBUX) for approximately $100 million in 1998.
MOD was founded in 2008 using a portion of their income.″The secret is to adopt measures that will allow you to not just survive, but to survive in the proper manner.″ It was for this reason that Svenson informed employees that they may stop by the local MOD shop at any time during the epidemic and pick up free food for themselves and their families – no questions asked.Perhaps this is also why MOD came up with innovative strategies to retain the vast majority of retail staff, such as drastically cutting working hours and distributing duties.
- The corporation, on the other hand, ultimately lay off or furloughed around 70 members of its support employees.
- And it is for this reason that even furloughed employees maintain their benefits and health insurance, whereas laid-off employees retain their benefits and health insurance through April.
- It’s also the reason why Svenson and his wife have dipped into their personal funds to contribute to the replenishment of a long-standing MOD emergency fund for staff in need of financial support.
Prepare For Challenges Ahead Of Time
MOD’s success had been nothing short of spectacular up to Covid-19.MOD was voted the fastest-growing restaurant chain in America for the second consecutive year by Nation’s Restaurant News last year, based on its annual percentage growth rate of 44.7 percent.MOD is headquartered in Chicago.Last year, its systemwide sales reached $493 million, representing a 24 percent rise year on year, while its net revenue of $393 million represented a 26 percent increase over the previous year.
After that, Covid-19 struck with a fury in the Seattle region.As Svenson described it to Investor’s Business Daily, ″it was like a slow-motion car catastrophe.″ ″It’s like if you had purchased a magnificent automobile and are now witnessing the devastation unfolding in front of your eyes.You have no way of knowing how much harm will be done or even if you will survive.″ However, it looks that the worst has passed us by — or at the very least, that the worst has passed us by.
- ″There came a point where I woke up at night worrying whether everything was going to be snatched away by the virus,″ Svenson recalled.
- After all, MOD is best recognized for being a destination where people look forward to walking through its doors.
- They may have a bespoke pizza constructed in front of their eyes for a fixed fee (about $10) using 30 ingredients and assembled in front of them.
- For the time being, Coronavirus has put an end to that.
- ″After that, we shifted our focus (to takeaway and delivery), and that shift in emphasis has proven to be beneficial,″ the CEO of MOD Pizza remarked.
Value Your Employees In Tough Times, Too
The Ministry of Defense often recruits persons who have served time in prison or who are homeless in order to carry out its purpose of making the world a better place.In addition, the MOD employs persons who have mental and physical impairments.During the epidemic, nothing has changed in that regard.It’s possible that this is one of the reasons why MOD personnel have been so dependable.
Other restaurant brands have had difficulty filling positions at their establishments.Svenson is constantly on the lookout for the well-being of his employees.That is something that John Maguire, the president and chief operational officer of MOD, understands better than anybody else.
- As a result, Svenson says he took the painful choice to postpone a huge, annual MOD get-together intended to honor the organization’s general managers, franchise partners, and vendors on February 27.
- The Seattle Center was set to host a three-day celebration beginning on March 1 that was expected to draw thousands of people.
- At the time, just a few coronavirus infections had been reported in western Washington, and they were all isolated incidents.
- There had been no official declaration of a pandemic, and the phrase ″social distancing″ had not even been coined yet.
- However, after the speeches had been prepared, the airline tickets and hotel rooms had been booked, and the food had been arranged, Svenson decided to cancel the gathering.
- ″He was well aware that the danger outweighed the opportunity,″ Maguire explained.
Likewise, according to MOD board member Nader Naini, it was Svenson who began the companywide campaign to provide MOD meals to all employees and their immediate families during the Covid-19 crisis – regardless of whether or not they were working that day.″It was just another method for him to demonstrate that he recognized their position,″ Naini explained.
MOD Pizza CEO: Adjust To Shocks Quickly
MOD, which had previously exclusively offered delivery through Door Dash, swiftly adapted to the new reality by partnering with Uber Technologies’ (UBER) Uber Eats and Postmates, as well as other third-party delivery services.At the same time, it made its own delivery app available on its website, providing customers with a somewhat less expensive alternative.It also installed sneeze shields in the stores’ interiors.The use of thermometers is required in order to check the temperatures of personnel on a regular basis.
There is tape on the floor to ensure that those picking up orders keep at least six feet apart from one another.To yet, there has only been one verified incidence of Covid-19 among shop employees – but there have been a lot of concerns.Employees who are suspected of having the virus are compensated throughout their two-week period of self-isolation.
Plan For The Future
More lately, Svenson explains, he has set aside some time for himself in order to begin imagining and planning for MOD’s activities over the following three, six, twelve, and twenty-four months, respectively.He, along with 98 percent of the support personnel, has been working from home this year.Svenson feels that the effects of Covid-19 will be felt for many years to come.According to him, ″unless there is a vaccination that gives people the confidence to go back out,″ it is ″not logical to expect that activity in restaurants like ours would return to normal.″ Simple things that consumers used to share will most likely no longer be available.
MOD retailers, for example, have already begun to replace salt shakers with customized packets of salt.In addition, he knows that takeout and delivery will become more important in the future.
See Success More Broadly
What will remain constant is MOD’s commitment to assisting others.MOD made a donation of approximately $2 million to national and local organizations around the United States last year.It will continue to employ with the purpose of making a positive social effect.It recruits people who are homeless, have intellectual challenges, or are formerly incarcerated.
MOD’s socially conscious employment processes are overseen by a three-time offender who was employed while wearing an ankle bracelet.He has served three prison sentences.Finally, Svenson asserts, a successful profession isn’t defined by how much money you’ve earned, but rather by the good influence you’ve had on people throughout your life.
MOD Pizza CEO: Honor Your Routine
Svenson will begin his day like he does every day by hopping on his stationary bike for some early morning exercise, followed by roughly 10 minutes of meditation before leaping into the shower.For the final two minutes of the shower, he dials the water down to the coldest temperature he can handle.He laser-focuses on everything for which he is grateful during those few minutes when the frigid water shocks his bones yet clears his mind in the pool.His advice: ″If you want to feel better, you must cultivate an attitude of thankfulness.″ Take it from the former starting quarterback with the collapsed shoulder whose once-hot pizza chain was on the verge of going out of business during the Covid-19 crisis: it’s not about what you get, it’s about what you give to others.
MOD Founder Svenson’s Keys
- MOD Pizza, located in Seattle, is the fastest-growing restaurant chain in the United States, and he was the CEO and co-founder of the company in 2008. In addition, he co-founded Seattle Coffee, which he sold to Starbucks in May 1998 for over $100 million dollars.
- Overcame: A coronavirus epidemic that forced the company’s almost 500 dining rooms to close for a period of time virtually overnight
- The lesson is as follows: ″When faced with a situation of this magnitude, the natural urge is to do all in your power to survive. The key is to take action not just to survive, but also to survive in the most appropriate manner ″in addition to this, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected]
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN: Sir Martin Sorrell’s Ad Empire Was Built With Speed and Persistence Look Professional at Virtual Meetings and Events Using These Pro Tips Phil Jackson, Steven Spielberg, Richard Branson, and Others Share Their Inspirational Sayings IBD Digital: Unlock IBD’s Premium Stock Lists, Tools, and Analysis by signing up for a free account.Today MarketSmith is a one-stop shop for market research, charts, data, and coaching.
How MOD Pizza is combating the pandemic
When one of the fastest-growing restaurant chains in the United States has a rash of shuttered dining rooms, how does the company respond?During this week’s ″A Deeper Dive″ episode of the Restaurant Business podcast, Scott Svenson, CEO and co-founder of MOD Pizza, discusses the company’s approach to the epidemic.According to data from Restaurant Business sister firm Technomic, MOD’s system sales increased by roughly 24 percent in the past calendar year.While the pandemic has been a difficulty for many companies, fast-growing companies such as MOD have had a very different experience as a result of it.
Svenson discusses this difficulty, as well as how a firm like MOD, which was based on dine-in business, has had to adapt to serve takeout customers.″A Deeper Dive″ may be found on Apple Podcasts.You can listen to ″A Deeper Dive″ on Spotify.
- Please take a moment to listen.
- Members make our journalism possible by contributing to it.
- Become a Restaurant Business member now to take advantage of special perks, such as unrestricted access to all of our content and discounts on products and services.
- Please register here.
Want breaking news at your fingertips?
Get access to the most up-to-date information about the restaurant sector. Sign up to receive SMS messages from Restaurant Business with breaking news and insights that are relevant to your company’s brand.
Get the latest news and information from Restaurant Business delivered directly to your email. Become a member
20 Things You Didn’t Know About Mod Pizza
For those of you who haven’t visited a Mod Pizza location yet, you are truly missing out on some fantastic pizza options.My first encounter was with a customized pizza that one of the children had brought back from school.It didn’t appear to be anything spectacular, and the sprigs of fresh spinach seemed out of place among the other ingredients.Although it appeared to be flat on the surface, I was apprehensive to bite into it.
When I finally gave in, my world began to shift dramatically.Mod Pizza is the most excellent rendition of the meal I’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting.To give you a better understanding, here are 20 facts you didn’t know about Mod Pizza.
1. At Mod Pizza, it’s all about the people
Mod Pizza is distinguished by its own business concept.The pizzas that they prepare are amazing, and the owners take great pleasure in their work; yet, they are more concerned with the individuals that patronize their establishment.They provide thorough training to their employees and make certain that they are paid a livable salary that allows them to obtain the resources they require from their jobs.You can see they are a well-balanced firm that does not take advantage of their employees.
2. They’re classified as fast/casual
Even if you haven’t heard of the phrase ″upmarket atmosphere,″ Mod Pizza could have easily chosen a more upscale setting for their restaurants given their upscale flavor and originality, which shouts high end and sophisticated.This was not their intended outcome.They provide a modestly priced fast food choice in a relaxed and casual location with a relaxed atmosphere.They are able to maintain this uniformity across their network of over 330 sites around the country.
3. They were founded in Seattle
Mod Pizza is a restaurant franchise that had its start in the city of Seattle, in the state of Washington. They opened their first restaurant in 2008, and they have since expanded. Within 10 years of starting their firm, they’ve grown to incorporate more than 330 sites worldwide..
4. Mod Pizza has gone international
Mod Pizza, which was created in the United States, has now expanded its operations to include the United Kingdom.As a result, they have gained international recognition.This is not unusual for organizations situated in Seattle that have a higher level of exposure to international business.Seattle is a major international transportation center, and if I lived in the United Kingdom, I’d want a Mod Pizza within walking distance.
5. Mod Pizzas are baked hot and fast
Mod pizzas are distinguished by their particularly fresh taste. They bake them in a technique that is unique to them. After that, they bake them for three minutes at 800 degrees Fahrenheit in a convection oven. At this high temperature, the water is hot enough to melt the cheese on the grill.
6. They offer three different sizes for their salads and pizzas
Mod Pizza is a business that caters to the demands of its clients and regards each one as a unique individual.They have ten traditional pizzas on their menu, each of which is available in three different sizes.You are allowed to make whatever changes you want to them.They serve individual pizzas as well as pizzas that can be shared.
The three available sizes are as follows: tiny, mod, and gigantic.They did away with the old conventional and standard size systems of small, medium, and giant, and the language is appropriate for them as a one-of-a-kind institution.
7. Their beverage menu is amazing
Mod Pizza offers a fantastic beverage area on their menu, which is unusual for a pizza joint. Even if you’re just looking for a hand-spun milkshake, a beer, or a glass of wine, this is one of the nicest places to visit. Their menu appears to have something for everyone, and everything they serve appears to go together seamlessly.
8. They use a very special kind of flour
In order to manufacture its pizzas, Mod Pizza only employs a single brand of flour.They utilize King Arthur Flour as a baking ingredient.In the United States, this flour company is the oldest in the country.Mod Pizzas are made using freshly pressed dough, and the combination of this special flour and the procedure is what gives Mod Pizzas its distinct and fresh flavor.
Mod Pizzas are available in two sizes: small and large.
9. You pay the same price regardless of the toppings
There are numerous pizza shops that charge their customers an additional fee for each additional item that they include in their pizza order, which is common practice.Mod Pizza, on the other hand, is an exception.It makes no difference if you add one or five ingredients to your pizza; you will be charged the advertised amount for it.Their main worry is making back-end sales at a premium price, which they are not concerned about.
As a result of the high amount of sales, they’re doing well, and they don’t cut corners when it comes to assuring client pleasure.
10. Mod Pizza has great music and you can party to it 2 ways
Mod Pizza is well-known for playing some very excellent music from a variety of genres.If you spend a lot of time there, it’s likely that you’ll develop an addiction to it.If you want to receive a good dosage of the Mod Music experience, there are two options for you.The first step is to schedule a party with them in advance.
Their favorite pastime is throwing a nice party, and some of the Mod eateries include community tables that can be reserved for a gathering.Other Mod restaurants, particularly those that are a bit larger, feature distinct sections that may be reserved for meetings or private gatherings.If you want to find out which Mod restaurant is participating in these activities, call the one that is closest to your location.
- The second option to listen to Mod’s rad music is to stream it by running their music player on your computer.
- Yep, this is something that they provide, and there are more than two thousand tunes accessible that cover a variety of decades and musical styles.
- You’ll hear songs from The Ramones, The Clash, and a slew of other musicians.
11. Mod Pizza is an award-winning restaurant
It should come as no surprise that Mod Pizza has been recognized for its exceptional customer service and support.In 2015, Fortune Magazine ranked it seventh among the twenty greatest places to work in the retail industry, according to their annual survey.This is a significant accomplishment, and it serves as evidence that they are following through on their vow to put the people first.Evident in the way they handle their employees and the way they interact with their customers In addition, the Job Creation and Workplace Development award from Seattle Business Magazine recognized them with a Community Impact Award in 2015.
Besides these honors and recognitions, Mod Pizza has received countless others as well.One thing is for certain: they are unquestionably a good force in the communities in which they live and work.
12. They made national news in 2013
Mod Pizza was a brand-new restaurant chain when it opened its doors in 2013, and they hadn’t even been in operation for long before they were recognized for their outstanding success in the fast food market.They were selected to Nation’s Restaurant News’ coveted ″Top 50 breakthrough Brands″ list, which recognizes the most promising new businesses in the industry.This is a prestigious national honor that is highly sought after by all serious restaurant owners.After that, everyone began to recognize that the new chain was a promising restaurant to keep an eye on, and they were right; they did not let us down.
Mod Pizza launched its first restaurant outside of Washington State in Beaverton, Oregon, in the same year as the Washington State location.By the end of the year, Mod Pizza had expanded to 31 outlets across the United States in states such as Colorado, Texas; Arizona; Oregon; California; and Washington.The firm was expanding at a quick pace, and they were able to get private investment monies in the amount of $15 million to enable them to continue their rapid development.
- While this can be a risky move for a new company, Mod Pizza was different and unusual enough that it appeared like everywhere they established a new shop, they were met with resounding success and a large number of customers.
- The fact that they offered something that was new, fresh, nutritious, and focused on what people desired helped them swiftly establish consumer loyalty within their target market.
- Management from the Dunkin Donuts corporation even contributed financially to Mod Pizza’s success.
13. MOD stands for something meaningful
At first look, the word MOD Pizza may appear to have a different connotation than it actually has.MOD is an abbreviation that stands for Made On Demand, and while the institution is clearly current and fashionable, it is not a proper name.This is due to the fact that they create each pizza in line with the preferences of the consumer.Even though no one on the executive team has ever used the words ″have it your way,″ they have elevated it to a beautiful level of sophistication.
Infringement would be a crime, and they have no need to copy slogans from other fast food restaurants.The fact that what they have to give is so distinctive that it can stand on its own without the assistance of others eliminates the need to borrow from others.
14. Mod Pizza has an interesting history.
Scott and Ally Svenson are the co-founders of the company.Besides that, they are the founders of the Seattle Coffee Company, which is situated in the United Kingdom.It’s no surprise that MOD Pizza has made its way to the United Kingdom.In 1998, they sold their firm to Starbucks Coffee Company for $1 billion.
Scott has continued in his position as President of Starbucks Europe.In addition, the pair opened a second restaurant in the United Kingdom with an Italian theme.Their hometown is Bellevue, Washington, and after establishing Mod Pizza, they returned to the Pacific Northwest to continue their business.
- The couple has four kids, all of whom have moved to San Diego, California, to start their own pizza businesses.
- There, the foursome established their own distinct style, which included house pizzas made entirely of their own inventions.
- Here’s where the idea for MOD Pizza came from in the first place.
- It appears that a flare for delicious, healthful fast food runs in the family, since all of them have achieved a reasonable level of success in their endeavors.
15. The Unique Decor of Mod Pizza is Family Friendly
The creators of Mod Pizza wanted to establish an environment where everyone would feel welcome and comfortable, and they succeeded in their goal.This was accomplished by creating a simple and efficient environment for each store that lends itself well to a DIY motif, which is essentially the kind of pizza that they provide for their consumers.When you go inside Mod Pizza, you will find a space that is incredibly efficient while yet having a cozy feel to it.Each of the sites customizes the interiors to reflect the local atmosphere, and they draw their inspiration for interior design and décor from the local culture in each place.
16. New fundraising was never a problem
When it comes to acquiring capital to develop their business, Mod Pizza has never had a problem.Aware that they were on their way from one major achievement to another, astute investors realized that their strategy was working so well that they needed to grow quickly in order to keep up with the increasing demand.They were able to secure an additional $40 million in fresh funding capital, bringing the total amount of money raised in the investment fund to $70 million, which was used to undertake an ambitious national growth plan.The PWP Growth Equity Company, a private equity fund, was the primary financial supporter of this venture.
It wasn’t much of a danger in the first place, and that had already been proven.
17. Mod Pizza offers a Vegan option also
Mod Pizza specializes on pizza that is high in nutritional value.They also make it a point to provide pizza selections that are suitable for vegans and vegetarians.In fact, this is one of the greatest casual fast food businesses to visit if you’re looking for this particular style of food in general.In addition, they provide components that may be tailored to satisfy the requirements of virtually any form of special diet.
A dairy-free list of components is available on their website, which is great for clients who demand a diet that is completely devoid of dairy products.If you have a nut allergy, you won’t have a problem eating at MOD Pizza because there is nothing on their menu that contains either tree nuts or ground nuts, so you won’t have to worry.You may feel confident ordering anything from their menu.
18. MOD doesn’t sell its franchises
Mod Pizza is a privately held firm that expands by opening new locations, but the ownership of the company stays inside the organization.Currently, they are expanding at a quick speed and are actively seeking new business partners to join them.There is a need that they must share the same set of moral principles.Only possible partners with a similar track record of success in the sector are considered, and they must have the ability to expand on the ideals that have already been established for the chain.
MOD Pizza does not work with franchisees.
19. MOD Pizza is honest about potential concerns
In order to create gluten-free pizzas, Mod Pizza uses gluten-free flour in their recipes.The company is upfront in alerting the public that they cannot guarantee that any of their goods are gluten-free, which indicates that they are a gluten-containing company.As a matter of fact, they caution that there is not a single crust choice available that is suggested for persons who have a gluten allergy.
20 MOD Pizza is concerned about the community and the environment
There are a few of Mod Pizza’s sites that are located in areas where recycling is provided by the local towns.They recycle wherever feasible, but they’ve taken it a step farther than other companies.All of their utensils, cups, straws, napkins, boxes, and salad containers are made entirely of biodegradable materials.Mod Pizza places a strong emphasis on community participation at each of their locations.
MOD Founders Scott And Ally Svenson Named Franchise Entrepreneurs Of The Year
WASHINGTON, D.C.(February 23, 2021) — Co-founders Scott and Ally Svenson of MOD Super-Fast Pizza Holdings, LLC (also known as ″MOD Pizza,″ ″MOD,″ or the ″Company″) were recognized today as recipients of the International Franchise Association’s (IFA) Entrepreneur of the Year Award for the year 2020.It is given out once a year to brands who are prepared to accept the risks that are normally associated with any new venture, as well as those that have the remarkable managerial abilities and vision to build a successful commercial operation through franchising.MOD now maintains a network of nine multi-unit franchisees that, between them, own and manage 80 MOD sites throughout the United States and Canada.
In its role as a people-first, culture-centric brand, MOD is dedicated to harnessing the power of its company to create a good effect on its employees and the communities in which they work and live.There are presently 495 MOD sites and almost 10,000 MOD Squad personnel spread across the whole system.″The IFA is thrilled to offer this award to Scott and Ally Svenson,″ said the IFA president.
- MOD Pizza, by putting a strong emphasis on integrating social impact with great growth and agility, may serve as a model for franchise companies and entrepreneurs alike,″ stated Robert Cresanti, President and CEO of the International Franchise Association.
- While retaining high-quality products and services, their company has made significant efforts to protect consumer and staff safety throughout COVID.
- They also make an excellent cauliflower crust pizza, which is a bonus!
- ″The International Foodservice Association congratulates Scott, Ally, and the whole MOD Pizza team on this well-deserved achievement.″ Scott and Ally Svenson, co-founders of MOD Pizza, expressed their gratitude for receiving the prestigious award from the International Franchise Association (IFA).
- ″We are humbled to receive this prestigious award from the IFA and are proud to share it with our amazing franchise operators,″ Scott and Ally Svenson said.
- ″From the beginning of our MOD adventure, we committed to a development plan that included company-owned locations in conjunction with a select set of franchisees who would assist us in maintaining consistent execution while maintaining our purpose-centric culture.
Every one of our outstanding franchise operators, who share our strong dedication to the people side of the business and our view that our business can and should be a force for good in the communities we serve, has made our company what it is today.″ More information about MOD Pizza franchising options may be found at www.modpizza.com/franchising.MOD PIZZA’S BACKGROUND MOD Pizza is a purpose-driven, people-first business launched in Seattle in 2008 by serial entrepreneurs Scott and Ally Svenson.MOD Pizza is a purpose-led, people-first brand.
MOD provides guests with the opportunity to build their own artisan-style pizzas and salads from a variety of over 30 toppings, all for a single cheap fee.MOD is located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.MOD, which has more than 490 outlets system-wide*, is dedicated to creating not only a hip place to dine, but also a motivating environment to work.
MOD was just included to the Fortune 2019 ″Change the World″ list, in recognition of its purpose-driven culture and dedication to providing chances to people who face hurdles to employment in the workplace.In addition, Technomic has dubbed the company America’s fastest expanding chain restaurant for the past four years, and Foodable Network has declared the company the most liked pizza brand in the country.MOD has been named to the Inc.5000 list and has been recognized by Fortune as one of the ″20 Best Workplaces in Retail,″ a ″Best Workplace for Women,″ a ″Best Workplace for Millennials,″ and a ″Best Workplace for Diversity.″ MOD has also been named to the Inc.5000 list.For further information, visitors could engage with the company on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
* It is understood to mean all company-owned and licensed retail locations within the system.MOD Super Fast Pizza, LLC owns the trademarks MOD, MOD Pizza, and the MOD Shield, as well as the MOD Super Fast Pizza logo.
MOD and Blaze Pizza Bringing Different Styles — Neighborhood News
Pizza may not be the world’s most ideal cuisine — although some would argue that it is — but it is unquestionably the most popular — and hence the most consumed.As Wesley Chapel expands and more and more families relocate to the area, the number of establishments that offer pizza increases as well.900 Degrees Woodfired Pizza, La Prima, Best New York, New York, Bosco’s and Amici Pizza are just a few of the locally-owned classic pizzerias that provide more typical New York-style pizzas, to mention a few.Mellow Mushroom and Noble Crust (both of which started within the previous year) provide a more diverse selection of pizzas.
Furthermore, the mega-chains such as Domino’s, Little Caesar’s, Papa John’s, and Pizza Hut are primarily concerned with fast, high-volume delivery.According to Steve Falabella, the proprietor of the famed 900 Degrees Woodfired Pizza, which has been located in the Shops at Wiregrass mall since 2011, ″There’s a lot more pizza available in Wesley Chapel than there is on average in other cities (of its size).″ ″I believe that because the increase of Wesley Chapel was so rapid, and the rise of families occurred so quickly, there was a hurry to record everything on film.″ Furthermore, one of the most typical types of businesses to open in new communities is a pizza restaurant.″ Soon, you will be able to add ″Fast-Casual″ pizza to your choice of local alternatives, which is a rapidly increasing specialty in the pizza industry.Two of the fastest-growing fast-casual restaurants in the country will be setting up shop in Wesley Chapel, on either side of S.R.
- 56, near the Tampa Premium Outlets.
- MOD Pizza and Blaze Pizza are the two newcomers to the market who will be opening their doors on opposite sides of the highway.
- The Allure of Something New…
- On a typical hot Wednesday afternoon, Mike Lightsey is finishing up a piece of pepperoni pizza from 900 Degrees Woodfired while seated at an aluminum table protected by an umbrella under the shadow of a tree.
- He is travelling through on business and claims to consume a lot of pizza in his spare time.
- Falabella, he believes, creates the greatest pizza in town.
Lightsey claims to have tasted Blaze, once in Atlanta, and found it to be enjoyable as well.MOD is unfamiliar to him, but he is familiar with the current fast-casual style, having dined at Pieology in Seminole and other establishments in the area.This is a refreshing change of pace, and it appears to be something that is gaining traction, according to him.
The fact that Wesley Chapel or even Tampa doesn’t have one yet surprises me.MOD Pizza, which will be located just west of the Starbucks on the south side of S.R.56 in front of Costco, is expected to open in early- to mid-September.
MOD Pizza will be positioned just west of the Starbucks on the south side of S.R.56 in front of Costco.Blaze Pizza will be placed on the other (north) side of Highway 56, although building has only recently begun.Both places specialize on smaller, personal pizzas, in which customers may choose their own toppings and don’t have to wait long for their orders to be ready to be served.
When building your own 11-inch pizza at MOD Pizza, you may select from more than 30 non-GMO toppings to customize your creation.MOD has developed its own dough recipe, and the tomato sauce is produced fresh on a regular basis in-house.The pricing remains the same regardless of how many you select.The pizzas are ready in three minutes and may be purchased online for pick-up or eaten in-store.
They are available for purchase online.″We were and continue to be the first hyper fast-casual chain in the United States,″ says Brick Kerge, VP of Operations for Food for Thought Restaurant Group, which owns the MOD franchise in the Philadelphia area.A large focus is made on training a nice crew that makes the whole experience and surroundings one that patrons will wan