The best outdoor pizza ovens you can buy today
- Ooni Koda 16. The Best Overall Outdoor Pizza Oven.
- Gozney Roccbox. The Best Outdoor Pizza Oven for Parties.
- Ooni Fyra 12. Most portable pizza oven.
- BakerStone Portable Gas Series Pizza Oven Box.
- Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven.
- Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven.
– Easy to fuel – Portable design – Speedy pizzas – Assembly takes no time
What is the best gas pizza oven for home use?
The Mont Alpi gas pizza oven is a great option if you’re looking for a good blend or portability and sturdiness and cooking efficiency. This is a great portable pizza oven that you’ll be able to use just about anywhere. While it is primarily made for indoors, you can easily use it outdoors, too.
Are portable outdoor pizza ovens any good?
Most portable outdoor pizza ovens are compact and lightweight, and the Mont Alpi MAPZ-SS Table Top Gas Pizza Oven is a great example here. Stationary models are usually heavy with greater dimensions, making them suitable for bigger houses. The weight of an outdoor pizza oven or conversion grill kit only matters when they are portable.
What is the Ooni outdoor pizza oven?
The Ooni is actually the first portable outdoor pizza oven to feature different fuel type options. You can use wood or gas, or both if you prefer. We prefer wood as it’s more natural, and also gives pizzas that authentic wood-fired flavor.
How to choose the right pizza oven for You?
Also, consider the space you have available. Some will be gas-fuelled, others need wood, or it may be a multi-fuel. Indoor pizza ovens plug into the mains so don’t need any other means of generating heat. If you have a small garden and don’t plan to cook pizza that often, a portable pizza oven would suit your needs.
Are outdoor pizza ovens worth it?
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is definitely an investment. However, adding a pizza oven to your outdoor area may really spark some joy for you and make pizza night more exciting! Also, this is a well-made, quality cooking appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take care of it.
How do I choose an outdoor pizza oven?
Top 4 Considerations When Buying a Residential Pizza Oven
- Space Available at Home.
- The Amount of Food You Plan to Cook.
- Design and Materials.
- Fuel Options.
Which are the best pizza ovens?
The best pizza oven 2022
- Ooni Karu 12 Multi-Fuel Pizza Oven. The best pizza oven overall.
- Gozney Roccbox. The premium pizza oven.
- Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo Pizza Oven.
- Ooni Fyra.
- Ooni Karu 16 Multi-Fuel Pizza Oven.
- Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven.
- Ooni Pro 16 Outdoor Pizza Oven.
- Talavera Tile Pizza Oven.
What is a outdoor pizza oven called?
A masonry oven, colloquially known as a brick oven or stone oven, is an oven consisting of a baking chamber made of fireproof brick, concrete, stone, clay (clay oven), or cob (cob oven).
Is Ooni Koda worth?
The Ooni Koda is worth it as it did manage to perform much better than we expected given that we didn’t get good results when we tested the Ooni 3. It needs a slight learning curve to consistently cook great pizzas, especially with regards to temperature management and turning the pizzas at the right time.
Does wood fired pizza taste better?
Since the pizza cooks very quickly in a wood fired oven, it has the effect of imparting a delightful contrast on the finished pie. The bottom of the crust will cook very quickly, giving it a pleasing charred flavor on the edges that makes it taste just a little smoky, in a good way.
Is building a pizza oven worth it?
Both the Ooni Koda 12 and the Gozney Roccbox are 10,000% worth the investment if you like eating pizza, if you are interested in getting better at making pizza, and if you just love cooking outdoors. These ovens make more than pizza, but they are incredible products for doing just that.
What is the best size for a pizza oven?
The standard dimensions of a wood-burning oven are 1,5 m of internal diameter (60”) but plenty of other sizes are available depending on how many pizzas at once you want to cook.
Does a pizza oven need a chimney?
Without a chimney to produce this draught effect within a wood fired oven, the smoke finds another outlet, which is the door/opening of the oven. This means that flames dangerously flick outwards and smoke is expelled into the face of the chef.
Where are OONI pizza ovens made?
Ooni ovens are manufactured in China, even though the company is headquartered in Edinburgh, Scotland, and the pizza ovens are designed there.
Which is better wood or gas pizza oven?
Gas offers high temperatures like wood ovens do, but it allows you to cook without the need for wood or the production of ash and soot, making it the cleaner option. Many gas ovens also provide a cooking area that’s slightly larger than a wood oven.
What’s the best supermarket pizza?
Best supermarket pizzas
- Tesco Finest Buffalo Mozzarella & Tomato Pizza.
- ASDA Extra Special Chicken Arrabiata & Roquito Chilli Pepper Sourdough Pizza.
- ASDA Thin Stonebaked Ham & Pineapple Pizza.
- Sainsbury’s Vegetable Pizza.
- Morrisons Tex Mex Stonebake Pizza.
- Morrisons Stonebaked Spinach & Ricotta Pizza.
How long do outdoor pizza ovens last?
In general, pizza ovens have a service life of up to twenty five years, but the majority of them average about ten years based on use.
Why do most pizzerias cook pizza in a deck oven?
In pizza operations, deck ovens provide results similar to wood-fired ovens when creating traditional thin crust pies. After about an hour of preheating, these units’ decks, where staff place the pizzas to cook, can maintain temperatures as high as 700 degrees F using either gas or electricity.
What ovens do pizzerias use?
How to Make Different Types of Pizza: The Best Oven for Each
|Oven Type||Pizza Style|
|Convection||New York and Neapolitan|
|Conveyor||New York and Neapolitan|
|Deck||New York, Neapolitan, Chicago, and Sicilian|
|Brick||California-Style, New York, Neapolitan, Chicago, and Sicilian|
What is the best oven pizza?
Best for Pizza: Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo Pizza Oven View On Williams-Sonoma View On Breville.com View On Sur La Table Dimensions: 18.1 x 10.6 x 18.5-inches | Cord Length: Not listed | Material: Stainless steel | Cooking Modes: Not listed
How do you build an outside pizza oven?
– Don’t miss this ‘tropical oasis’ in Smyrna, featuring a covered outdoor kitchen and living area, wood-fire pizza oven, mature palm trees and a waterfall pool — plus inside you’ll find – (Realtor.com) – (Realtor.com) – (Realtor.com) – (Realtor.com) – (Realtor.com) – (Realtor.com) – (Realtor.com)
How to make outdoor fireplace with pizza oven?
– Step 1: Make the plinth. Takes about 4 hours. – Step 2: Make the dome mould. Takes about 1 hour. – Step 3: The first oven layer. Takes about 2 hours, plus 4 hours drying. – Step 4: Cut the entrance. – Step 5: Build the brick opening. – Step 7: The final shell.
Top 7 Best Portable Outdoor Pizza Ovens
Pizza is one of the most widely consumed meals on the planet.When it comes to customizing, they provide practically limitless possibilities because to their delicious toppings and crispy bread.Pizzas are quite versatile, which is one of the reasons for their widespread popularity.A well-baked pizza, on the other hand, has an incomparable flavor.For those of you who are in a hurry and just want to know what the greatest Portable Outdoor Pizza Ovens are, I propose the models listed below as the finest available.
- Published on March 4, 2022 / Affiliate links included / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API In our minds, when we think of pizza, we see massive, costly permanent ovens, which regrettably are out of reach for many people..
- It’s possible that this is owing to a lack of available space or just a lack of funding.
- But what if there was a more straightforward solution to this problem?
- The perfect item for any pizza enthusiast who wants to be able to make their own pizza in the comfort of their own home, portable outdoor pizza ovens are the answer.
- You may be having a pizza night with your buddies and stopping for a couple of beers on the way there and back.
- It’s a fantastic way to have a good time.
If you’re on the run, you could find yourself craving a slice of pizza.If you are going on a camping vacation, you can easily bring the portable outdoor pizza oven along with you and eat delicious pizzas with your family or friends while you are away.The search for an excellent portable outdoor pizza oven has ended.You’ve arrived at the correct location.
- We’ve compiled a list of the top 7 portable outdoor pizza ovens available right now for you to select from.
- Let’s get right to it and talk about the items, shall we?
1. Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven 90
- What is the purpose of this pizza oven? Portable outdoor pizza oven that is both portable and adaptable
- You can make delicious pizzas with the help of the built-in temperature gauge.
- Excellent for use with practically any style of stove
- It bakes pizzas in the old-fashioned method
- Keep in Mind
- You need a stove to bake pizzas.
For those who already have a dedicated, separate cooker or stove that they use on a daily basis when traveling, the Camp Chef Artisan pizza oven 90 is a fantastic solution.This classic pizza oven will assist you in baking pizzas in a manner that is quite traditional.You’ll have 300 square inches of workspace to work with, which is more than enough to bake many pizzas at the same time if necessary.You will be able to use this pizza oven with practically any cooker or stove that is 16′′ in diameter or greater, and that is a welcome bonus!Your pizzas will never be burned or overdone thanks to the temperature gauge that is incorporated into the machine.
- As a result, you’ll get a crust that’s just right — moist and fluffy on the inside, but slightly crustier on the outside.
- Making delectable pizzas has never been more straightforward.
- Check Amazon for the most recent pricing information.
2. Presto 03430 Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven
- What is the purpose of this pizza oven? It’s simple to use and convenient to carry about
- Two-sided heating provides efficient baking
- a timer is supplied.
- It is simple to clean and store
Consider the following: Some customers have reported that it functioned for a few months before failing completely.
The Presto rotating oven is likely the most affordable of the goods on our list, and it is also the most versatile.However, this does not imply that the quality of the product is compromised in any way.You can use this pizza oven both indoors and outdoors, which makes it a very flexible appliance.For baking your pizzas, it has a revolving baking tray that rotates.The revolving tray is encircled by two heating sources, one of which is located on top of the tray and the other which is located below it.
- This enables you to bake your pizzas on all sides evenly and ensures that the heat is delivered evenly throughout the oven during the baking process.
- Also included is a timer, which will let you know when your pizza is finished baking and ready to be removed from the oven, among other things.
- And the best aspect of this oven is that it is extremely portable.
- This item is very simple to clean and store, allowing you to use it again immediately.
- It’s ideal for a wide range of applications – from indoor to outdoor settings.
- Check Amazon for the most recent pricing information.
3. Courant Pizza Maker
- What is the purpose of this pizza oven? It is incredibly easy to save and utilize, and it is also quite intuitive.
- Pizzas and other dishes may be baked successfully using this product.
- Due to the fact that the frying plate does not stick, it is simple to clean
Consider the following: It may take some time to become acclimated to the temperature settings on the computer.
You’ve come to the right place if you’re seeking for a decent, adaptable pizza maker that will serve you well both outside and indoors.With temperatures ranging between 355 and 410 degrees Fahrenheit, this oven is capable of baking 12-inch pizzas properly.In addition to baking pizzas, this device will assist you in creating delectable quesadillas, nachos, frittatas, quiche, and other delicious dishes.With a nonstick coating on the cooking plate of this oven, it is not only easy to clean but it also prevents the pizzas from sticking together when baking.Furthermore, the oven opens in a 180-degree fashion, making it extremely simple to operate and place the pizzas into the oven.
- The 30-minute cooking period will ensure that the pizza is properly cooked each and every time you turn on the stovetop or the oven.
- Furthermore, this oven is extremely simple to store.
- The oven will also be able to stand upright, making it considerably easier to store the pizza oven when not in use.
- Check Amazon for the most recent pricing information.
4. Gyber Pyre-pro Outdoor Pizza Oven
- What is the purpose of this pizza oven? Great results in the baking and culinary departments
- Temperatures of up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit
- intuitive air intake design
- rugged and reliable construction
- Keep in Mind
- Not the most portable of designs.
This pizza oven is solely a pizza oven, and it will not necessitate the purchase of any additional accessories or grills.It has been created in such a manner that it may be fueled by wood pellets, allowing you to make delicious pizzas.In addition, you may use it for a variety of different baking and culinary tasks, such as steaks, fish, burgers, salmon, and a variety of other dishes.The temperature controls on this pizza oven are the most impressive feature.You’ll be able to bake your pizzas at extremely high temperatures as a result of this (of up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit).
- This is mostly due to the excellent design of the oven, since the air intake system will be capable of handling even the greatest temperatures.
- It aids in the uniform and rapid cooking of the pizzas.
- The oven is constructed of stainless steel and is both lightweight and long-lasting.
- Despite the fact that it is not the most portable of items due to the fact that you will need to spend some time assembling and putting it together, you can simply transport it on your journey.
- Check Amazon for the most recent pricing information.
5. Mont Alpi Table Top Gas Pizza Oven
- What Makes This Pizza Oven Special: It is versatile and may be used for a number of tasks.
- Excellent portability
- In less than 5 minutes, your pizza will be baked.
- It is simple to clean
- Keep in Mind
- The size might be bigger.
The Mont Alpi gas pizza oven is an excellent choice if you’re searching for a nice combination of mobility, sturdiness, and cooking efficiency in a portable pizza oven.Essentially, this is a fantastic portable pizza oven that can be used almost anyplace.Despite the fact that it is primarily intended for indoor usage, it is also suitable for outdoor use.As long as you have access to a gas canister, you’ll be alright, right?It will take less than 5 minutes for your pizza to be baked in this pizza oven.
- That’s mostly down to the 12001BTU, which will burn hot just when you need it to do its job.
- It comes with a pizza stone, which makes it an excellent choice for baking pizzas.
- Furthermore, it is incredibly simple to clean, making it ideal for use on the road.
- In addition to baking pizzas, you’ll be able to prepare a variety of different meals in this oven, including chicken, beef, pig, and several other sorts of meat, among other things.
- Furthermore, because the oven is quite portable, it is an excellent solution for someone who is often on the road..
- Check Amazon for the most recent pricing information.
6. Wisco 421 Pizza Oven
- Despite the fact that this pizza oven has a significant flaw – specifically, that it must be linked to an electrical outlet – it is a fantastic pizza oven that can be used at home or on the go. If you happen to have access to an electrical outlet, this is an excellent option to consider. This pizza oven has the advantage of being quite versatile in terms of temperature adjustment. The temperatures will vary between 150 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit, and the oven will heat up to around 450 degrees Fahrenheit in only about 10 minutes. However, if all you need to do is heat up the pizza, this oven will also suffice for that purpose, as well as for cooking other kinds of meals. What is the purpose of this pizza oven? A great deal of flexibility in terms of temperature adjustment
- In less than 10 minutes, you can have your pizza ready to go.
- It is also effective for preparing various sorts of meals.
- Design that is both durable and functional.
- Keep in Mind
- Needs access to an electrical outlet.
Check Amazon for the most recent pricing information.
7. Cuisinart CGG-306 Stainless Tabletop Grill
- The Cuisinart tabletop grill is the final, but not least, on our list. With a good pizza grilling stone and little care, this grill may easily be converted into a baking oven for baking pizzas as well as grilling them. Those two elements work together to create a very potent combination — probably the most potent on our list. You’ll be able to bake two pizzas at the same time thanks to the two 20.000BTU burners (each generating 10.000BTU). This grill also has the advantage of being lightweight and transportable, which is a great feature. Simply attach it to a gas bottle and you can start enjoying the pleasures of your barbecue. It’s a small, lightweight barbecue that only weights 22 pounds. You’ll also benefit from the convenient carrying handle, which allows you to move around with ease. Using this grill is really simple because to the temperature control. The grill, which is made of stainless steel, is also durable enough to be used for extended periods of time. What is the purpose of this pizza oven? Extremely strong grill
- easily transportable
- several temperature settings
- Consider the following: Additionally, you’ll require a pizza cooking stone.
- Additional gas canisters are required.
How to Choose Your Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
- So, now that you know which pizza ovens are the greatest for traveling, you’ll have to decide which one to purchase. But how does one go about selecting an excellent pizza oven? You should have a look at some of the features and give the ovens a rating based on how well they perform in certain areas. When it comes to selecting a portable pizza oven, the following are the most important considerations. Portability. Obviously, one of the most important considerations when selecting a portable oven is its mobility. How small is the oven, and how simple is it to put together? Others must be assembled before they can be used, although some pizza ovens are highly portable and require no construction at all, while others must be assembled before they can be used.
- Temperatures. It’s also important to consider how powerful a pizza oven is before purchasing one. Despite their mobility, many pizza ovens come with a variety of temperature settings that are rather impressive. Furthermore, if you want to bake your pizzas quicker, the pizza oven should provide you the option of selecting from a range of higher temperatures.
- The ease with which it can be used. It is important that the pizza oven be simple to use. This covers how simple it is to get started with it and whether or not it takes any assembly before you can begin using it as an oven. Another consideration is the oven’s settings: are there enough options to make it simple to operate, or do you have to go through instructions to get the hang of it?
- and the price. Obviously, the price is important as well. While some of the more budget pizza ovens may not provide you with the same degree of temperature possibilities as some of their more costly counterparts, they are still quite helpful and provide a plethora of excellent alternatives. The quality of a product is not always determined by the price of a product, though.
After learning about the finest portable pizza ovens, you’ll have to decide which one to purchase.Nevertheless, how does one go about selecting a reliable pizza oven?Look through some of the features and assign a rating to the ovens based on how well they perform in certain areas.When selecting a portable pizza oven, the following are the most important considerations: Portability.It goes without saying that mobility is an important consideration when selecting a portable oven.
- The oven’s size and ease of assembly are important considerations.
- Others must be assembled before they can be used, although some pizza ovens are highly portable and require no assembly at all, while others must be assembled before they can be used;
- One’s also important to consider how powerful a pizza oven is before purchasing it.
- However, many pizza ovens, despite their mobility, provide you with a variety of amazing temperature selections.
- A pizza oven should also provide you the option of selecting greater temperatures if you want to bake your pizzas faster.
- Affordability and simplicity.
An easy-to-operate pizza oven is essential.In addition, consider how simple it is to get started with it and whether or not it takes any assembly before you can begin using it.Another consideration is the oven’s settings: are there enough options to make it simple to operate, or do you have to go through instructions to get the hang of it?; and, last, the cost.
- There is no denying that pricing is an important consideration.
- However, while some of the more economical pizza ovens may not provide you with the same degree of temperature possibilities as some of their more costly counterparts, they are still really helpful and provide lots of excellent alternatives.
- In addition, the price of a product does not always imply its quality.
The best pizza ovens for cooking outdoors
- By using the proper oven, you can make the blistered, quick-cooked, charred pizzas (and, in certain situations, many other recipes as well) that satisfy in the way that only a good pizza can satisfy. In order to locate the best pizza oven for your needs, you must first cut through the clutter. Our reviewers put 20 different pizza ovens through their paces, including budget, mid-range, and luxury models, to come up with this list of the ones we’d buy ourselves. Using established criteria, each model was graded out of five on the following basic aspects: overall construction quality, performance and cooking outcomes, simplicity of assembly and usage (including safety), value for money, and overall design (including aesthetics). The average of these scores was used to generate the overall star rating of each pizza oven. Learn more about how we test goods and browse our selection of triple-tested pizza recipes for creating delectable pizza at home, including anything from a simple margherita or sourdough pizza with a deliciously chewy crust to a spinach and blue cheese pizza with a tangy dressing. The following sections are included: What to look for in a pizza oven
- How to pick the finest pizza oven
- Best pizza ovens at a glance
- Best pizza ovens to purchase in 2022
- How we tested pizza ovens
What to look for in a pizza oven
Begin by determining your spending limit – but keep in mind that more money does not automatically equate to a better pizza.You should avoid huge, built-in stone ovens if your budget is limited to a few hundred pounds or less since these intricate goods are quite expensive, typically costing at least £500.Also, take into consideration the amount of room you have accessible.Some will be powered by gas, while others will be powered by wood, or it may be powered by a combination of fuels.Indoor pizza ovens are powered by electricity and so do not require any other methods of generating heat.
How to choose the best pizza oven
Portable pizza ovens are available.If you have a small yard and don’t intend to cook pizza on a regular basis, a portable pizza oven might be a good choice for you.Gozney, Ooni, and Firepod are among the leading brands in this sector, and their ovens are among the best available on the market.When used properly, these pint-sized pizza devices can achieve temperatures that match bigger ovens, they can be stored indoors or in a shed, they provide outstanding cooking results, and they are really simple to use.Pizza ovens that are freestanding If you anticipate baking pizza on a frequent basis and have the space in your yard to handle a larger pizza oven, a larger pizza oven may be the best option for you.
- It is not necessary for these huge ovens to be built-in (this is where costs really start to mount up).
- It is possible to purchase freestanding, huge pizza ovens that can be moved about but have the capacity to cook more than one pizza at a time.
- These are normally equipped with protective covers, allowing you to leave them outside throughout the summer, however you will most likely have to purchase the cover separately.
- Pizza ovens with a hybrid design In certain situations, hybrid pizza ovens may also be used as a grill, while in others, the reverse is true.
- The majority of the time, we discovered, cooking tools that are expressly created for preparing pizzas alone offer the greatest cooking outcomes for the particular task at hand.
- Accessory for making a barbecue pizza Regarding barbecues, one inexpensive option to prepare pizzas in your backyard is to purchase a barbecue accessory, such as a pizza stone or box, that can be placed on top of your gas or charcoal barbeque.
They, too, may produce the required stone-baked flavor and finish by reaching astonishing temperatures.These barbecue-top items outperform traditional pizza ovens in terms of storage capacity, although they are not necessarily considered pizza ovens in the traditional sense.However, in order to highlight the huge range of DIY pizza equipment available for a variety of prices, we’ve included a few of our favorites in this collection.
Best pizza ovens at a glance
- Optima Pizza Express Napoli countertop pizza oven, £169
- Delivita The Chilli Red pizza oven, £1,295
- La Hacienda stainless steel BBQ pizza oven, £118
- Ooni Koda 16 Pizza Oven, £300
- Gozney Roccbox pizza oven, £399
- Ooni Koda 16 Pizza Oven, £300
- Ooni Koda 16 Pizza Oven, £300
- Ooni Koda 16 Pizza Oven, £300
- Among the best pizza ovens for families is the Igneus Classico, which costs £689
- the best pizza oven for small spaces is the Ooni Koda 12, which costs £299
- the best investment indoor pizza oven is the Sage the Smart Oven Pizzaiolo, which costs £699.95
- and the best investment outdoor pizza oven is the Igneus Classico, which costs £689
The best pizza ovens to buy in 2022
The BBC Good Food on-test crew made quantities of our basic pizza dough and then headed to our gardens to put them through their paces in pizza ovens from a variety of manufacturers.Continue reading to find out which pizza oven to purchase.Check out our reviews area for additional information on this and other products like it.There are 400+ buyer’s guides there, including round-ups of the finest charcoal barbecues, camping stoves, BBQ accessories, outdoor dinnerware, and much more.
Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven
The most effective portable pizza oven This item is available at Ooni for £399.20, Cuckooland for £399.20, John Lewis and Partners for £499, and Harrods for £499
- Quick to assemble
- Perfect pizzas
Cons: The oven does not include an essential pizza peel or a storage cover, which are both required.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars It’s no surprise that Ooni is a top name in the pizza oven industry, and with good reason.Their product line includes pizza ovens powered by wood, coal, and gas, which are available at a variety of pricing points.With the Ooni Koda 16, you can make authentic-tasting pizzas in only 60 seconds, thanks to its gas-powered engine.In summer 2020, the original gas-powered Koda will be replaced by this new model, which will be somewhat smaller and capable of cooking a 16-inch pizza.It is one of the most costly ovens in Ooni’s lineup because of its larger size.
- The Koda features a revolutionary L-shaped flame that provides a waterfall effect on the heat transmission, resulting in a delicious flame-cooked flavor and excellent heat retention, all while conserving fuel use.
- When it was completed, the pizza looked fantastic, with wonderful charred bubbles in and around the crust, a crisp base, and plenty of melted, oozy mozzarella.
- At £399, it represents excellent value for money for such a long-lasting, high-quality pizza oven.
- See our whole Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven review for more information.
Optima Pizza Express Napoli pizza oven
What is the most effective countertop pizza oven for indoor use? Pizza United (£169) has them available for purchase.
- Advantages: Suitable for usage on a tabletop in an indoor environment
- Approximately the size of a slow cooker
- Materials feel a bit flimsy, but perform well
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars The Optima Pizza Express Napoli pizza oven, which was designed and manufactured in Italy, is the genuine deal, packed into a countertop device that is suitable for use inside and is designed to last a lifetime.Instead, it connects to the mains and, owing to its two heating components, generates heat at a temperature of 450 degrees.The lid is opened with a heat-resistant grip to reveal a refractory stone behind it.Two wooden pizza paddles are included in the package, which may be used to carefully transfer the dough to the hot stone and remove the finished pizza off the stone.During our testing, our pizza took four and a half minutes to cook when the lid was left down.
- A crisp, puffy crust covered the whole pie, and the interior was cooked through completely without any sogginess from the topping.
- The pizza itself received a score of 9/10.
- In the absence of a yard, balcony, or secure storage space for a more industrial, outside choice, this is a terrific value for money and a really practical method of producing wonderful pizza.
- Read our whole Optima Pizza Express Napoli pizza oven review for more information.
- You may get it through Pizza United (£169).
Sage the Smart Pizziolo
- Best investment indoor pizza oven
- Pros: It is quick to prepare
- it is ideal if you do not have access to an outside grilling area.
- A pizza peel and a pizza pan are included.
- Large footprint
- Difficult to clean
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars The Sage Smart Oven Pizzaiolo is an indoor tabletop pizza oven that claims to deliver ‘brick oven performance at a fraction of the cost’ of a traditional brick-oven pizza oven.The sleek metal oven, which resembles a larger microwave, can be conveniently placed on a countertop or kitchen island and plugged into the wall outlet, eliminating the need for an outside cooking spot.The Smart Oven Pizzaiolo heats up to 400 degrees Celsius in just 2 minutes, allowing you to prepare pizza in record time.With seven preset settings for different types of pizza (from New York to deep dish and even thawed), plus a manual mode where you can pick your own cooking method, including temperature, timings, and even heat direction, you’ll be able to create the perfect pizza every time.Along with the oven, you’ll get a hefty circular pizza stone that you can slide into your oven and use to bake your pizzas straight on.
- You’ll also get a long-handled metal pizza peel as well as a round metal tin for baking deep-dish pizzas.
- Once the oven is turned on, it takes around 20 minutes to heat up and can accommodate one pizza at a time.
- Using the ‘wood-fired’ method, we were really pleased with the outcome of our pizza.
- Cooked at 400 degrees Celsius for just two minutes, the pizza had a crisp leopard-spotted crust and precisely melted cheese, and it was ready in under two minutes.
- This is a high-end oven that requires a significant investment, but it is great if you enjoy making handmade pizza but do not have access to an outside environment.
- See our complete Sage the Smart Oven Pizzaiolo review for more information.
Delivita The Chilli Red pizza oven
- Best investment pizza oven
- Pros: The results are of restaurant-quality
- the temperature is maintained.
- High price
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars Cover your eyes immediately if you want to keep costs as low as possible.In case you don’t want to spend a lot of money, Delivita sells high-end outdoor cooking equipment that generates beautiful outcomes.In addition to being attractive and high-quality, its Chilli Red pizza oven also produces amazing pizza.If you’re looking for a true wood-fired oven rather than a barbecue accessory or a pizza-only cooking device, this is the best option available.When it comes to the Chilli Red, one of our favorite features is the ability to prepare tandoori chicken, sourdough bread, a side of fish with naan, and pizza.
- All of the meats were perfectly roasted, smokey, and delicious.
- It’s also incredibly portable, weighing in at less than 30kg, which is incredible for an oven with such exceptional cooking quality to begin with.
- It’s a significant investment, but it’s one that should pay off in the long run, allowing you to take your outdoor cooking to the next level.
- To learn more about the Delivita The Red Chilli pizza oven, read our entire review.
La Hacienda stainless steel BBQ pizza oven
- Best pizza oven for a barbecue
- No assembly
- Works on your barbecue
- Easy to store
- Large barbecue required
- No accompanying peel
4.2 out of 5 stars (A).Because it is 40 x 35 cm in size, this portable oven by Hacienda is a reasonably priced buy for people who have limited room.However, you will need a barbeque with a similar capacity to accommodate it.The charcoal barbeque we used was a barrel-shaped type, but it would also fit a square or rectangular gas barbecue and a huge circular charcoal barbecue – make careful to verify the specifications before purchasing.The use of a pizza stone allows this pint-sized oven to provide results that are comparable to those obtained by a much bigger appliance.
- The housing distributes heat evenly across the pizza, ensuring that the top cooks at the same rate as the base, resulting in spectacular final results.
- The temperature dial is particularly user-friendly; rather of being divided into numerical increments, it is divided into three sections: ‘warm’, ‘perfect’, and ‘hot’.
- We discovered that cooking on the hotter side of ‘optimal’ resulted in the best-tasting pizza.
- Read the entire review of the La Hacienda BBQ pizza oven on Amazon.com.
Gozney Roccbox pizza oven
The best portable pizza oven for first-time pizza makers You may get it through Gozney (£399).
- Easy set-up
- Excellent pizza results
- Small oven space
Rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars It is true that the Roccbox is an investment, but for the money you are getting a pizza oven with excellent build quality and faultless performance.Gozney is a high-end brand, and the Roccbox is built in a way that reflects this distinction.In this conversation-starting device, there are no fragile or substandard components.Even if you are a complete novice to the art of dough-slinging, the end product is restaurant-quality.It is, on the other hand, less portable than other tiny pizza ovens, such as those of those made by Ooni.
- The fact that it weights 20kg, which isn’t exactly featherweight, means that moving it will take some work.
- For those who truly enjoy pizza and plan to use the oven frequently, investing in a protective cover and leaving it out all summer will allow you to effortlessly light the gas and have pizza ready in minutes when the weather warms up.
- To learn more about the Gozney Roccbox pizza oven, check out our entire review.
Available from Gozney (£399)
Igneus Classico pizza oven
The best pizza oven for large groups of people Igneus (£730) and The Pizza Oven Shop (£730) are two places to get one.
- Good quality materials
- Sleek appearance
- High price
Rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars Igneus, a wood-fired oven manufacturer located in Yorkshire, promotes the fact that it provides high-quality goods at a reasonable price to customers.We were quite impressed with the design and construction of its wood-fired Classico oven.However, the fact that it is inexpensive should not be construed as ‘cheap’ – this oven is pricey, but it provides excellent value for money.The fact that it can cook two enormous pizza ovens at the same time is a major selling feature — in fact, the oven cavity is large enough to accommodate a whole roast dinner.The increased size makes it simpler for families to sit down and dine together when so many household pizza ovens only have the capacity to prepare and consume one pizza at a time (which, of course, means that you can only eat one at a time).
- With a near-perfect score of 9/10, the quality of the prepared pizza is outstanding.
- When it comes to summer pizza parties, this may be the perfect oven to keep out in your yard (ideally under cover).
- To learn more about the Igneus Classico pizza oven, please read our entire review.
Available from: Igneus (£730)The Pizza Oven Shop (£730)
Ooni Koda 12 pizza oven
The most effective pizza oven for tiny places Available from Ooni (£299), Lakeland (£299), and Cuckooland (£299), among other retailers.
- Collapsable legs
- Conveniently missing a pizza peel, which is a major drawback of this product.
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars The Koda 12 pizza oven from Ooni is a smaller version of the company’s Koda 16 pizza oven.It is a tiny and compact gas-powered pizza oven.This variant is lightweight, so it is simple to move around and travel with, whether or not it has a stone attached to it.Setting it up is also straightforward: simply flip out the three legs that are flush with the underside of the table, slot in the stone, and connect the pipe to a propane gas canister.A single strip of fire runs along the rear of the pizza oven, and the intensity of the flame may be regulated using a dial on the side of the pizza oven.
- Because the letter-box opening on this model is somewhat tiny, launching your pizza needs some dexterity on your part.
- When our 12-inch pizza was through cooking, it featured a pillowy, leopard-spotted crust, a crisp base, and flawlessly melted cheese above it all.
- See our whole Ooni Koda 12 pizza oven review for more information.
How we tested pizza ovens
- We put a variety of portable, freestanding, and barbecue-top pizza ovens through their paces. We included both gas and wood-fired pizza ovens, as well as outdoor cooking equipment that may be used as pizza ovens, such as wood burners and stoves, in our list of recommendations. We utilized our standard pizza dough recipe to test the ovens, as well as the manufacturer’s recommendations for fuel usage. We received pre-assembled pizza ovens in boxes, which we assembled following the instructions in the manuals. Aside from that, we tested ovens with a variety of recipes when the capacity of the oven permitted it. We utilized our test matrix to evaluate the ovens, making notes on the most important characteristics, which were as follows: Overall construction quality: Because pizza ovens are an investment buy, they should be constructed to last for many years. They must also be capable of withstanding and maintaining the high temperatures necessary for pizza preparation.
- The final criterion was how well the pizzas turned out, and we graded them on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Easy to assemble and operate: We timed how long it took us to assemble the oven and evaluated the instruction booklet. After that, we evaluated how simple it was to operate the oven.
- Safety: Because pizzas require extremely high temperatures to cook properly, we sought for good insulation and safety measures to make using the pizza oven as simple as possible.
- When it comes to value for money, if the pricing didn’t feel right, the item didn’t make it onto our best-of list.
- In addition, we made comments on the following considerations: Provides a convenient fuel source and is simple to operate: How simple is it to get started in the kitchen? Is it simple and efficient to add fuel to the vehicle? It was important to us to choose ovens that were easy to operate, as well as scoring accessories.
- Ovens that claim to be portable: How simple is it to transport ovens that claim to be portable? What is the cooling time of the ovens and are they safe to handle?
To read in-depth evaluations of each pizza oven, click on the links provided below the table.
All our pizza oven reviews
The Firepod pizza oven is reviewed in detail. Review of the Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven Review of the Gozney Roccbox pizza oven Review of the Igneus Classico pizza oven Review of the Delivita The Red Chilli pizza oven Review of the Optima Pizza Express Napoli pizza oven Review of the Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven Review of Sage the Intelligent Pizzaiolo
Pizza oven recipes and tips
Recipe for the most basic pizza dough All of our best pizza dough recipes may be found here.Recipe for pizza sauce Pizza made with sourdough 10 strategies for baking a margherita pizza that is out of this world.How to Make a Pizza in a Video For any concerns, recommendations for future reviews, or to report anything that has changed in pricing or availability, please contact us at [email protected] (or using the contact form on this page).
My Honest Review of the Ooni Pizza Oven
The use of outdoor pizza ovens is growing increasingly popular, and it’s easy to understand why!They provide a quick and convenient method to enjoy the flavor of wood-fired pizza in the comfort of your own garden.They’re just as convenient as a traditional grill, but they’re also far more flexible because they can reach such high temperatures and cook a wide variety of meals.We’d been wanting an Ooni pizza oven for a long time and were eventually able to get our hands on one a few months ago.My opinions, tips, and tactics will be shared, as well as whether I believe the Ooni is worth the purchase.
- I know you’ve been asking about whether I believe the buzz is justified or not, so I’m here to answer your questions.
- To be really honest, Ooni gave me this pizza oven as a present.
- As is always the case, all of my views and opinions are entirely my own.
The Ooni Pizza Oven
The Ooni is a portable pizza oven that can be used outside. It warms up to around 950 degrees in about 20 minutes and can cook a pizza in about 60 seconds on each side. It features a pizza stone in the bottom that produces the delectable, crispy crust that is characteristic of a classic wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a variety of models to pick from, making it probable that you’ll find one that meets your requirements and falls within your budget.They provide ovens that are 12″ or 16″ in size and may be fueled by wood pellets, natural gas, or a combination of the two.They range in price from $299 to $799, depending on the size and characteristics that you select from the options available.We chose the 16″ Koda because we loved the convenience of being able to use gas and because we needed a larger size so that we could cook larger pizzas or other foods such as fish, steak, and so on.
The Ooni pizza oven, which starts at $299 for their base model, is a significant investment.It is possible that installing a pizza oven to your outdoor space can bring you a great deal of delight and make pizza night even more thrilling!Additionally, this is a well-made, high-quality cooking device that will endure for years if you take good care of it.It is a bit pricey, but in my opinion if you’re going to use it at least a couple of times a month or more, it is well worth the investment.
The Ooni is sent to you practically totally constructed right out of the box.All that is required is that you unfold the legs and place the pizza stone within.A propane tank (either 1 pound or 20 pounds) will be required if you want to purchase an Ooni that is powered by gas.Finding the propane tank and having it filled may have been the most difficult element of the entire assembling process for us!I’m not sure why, but here on the West Coast, we had a difficult time locating a propane tank, and then once we did, we had to locate a location where we could get it refilled with propane.
- Fortunately, our local hardware shop still had one available, and the gas station down the street can fill them, so we didn’t have to drive far.
- However, I had to phone a LOT of places before I was able to get a replacement.
How to Use the Ooni
You will find that using the Ooni pizza oven is much simpler than you believe!It was far less difficult than I had anticipated.It’s as simple as turning on the propane tank and letting it heat for 20 minutes once it’s been connected to the stovetop.Afterwards, reduce the heat to low, add your pizza, and let it cook for a couple of minutes.My boyfriend and I were both pleasantly delighted by how simple the Ooni is to operate, as well as how entertaining it is to watch the pizza cook!
- This oven only has flames on the rear and left sides, which means the front right side is the cool region, which allows you to have greater control over how the pizza is cooked.
- The 16″ Koda provides enough of room to maneuver the pizza about and also provides a sufficient distance between the pizza and the flame itself in case it begins to cook too rapidly.
- According to Ooni, it can cook a pizza in 60 seconds, which it very certainly can and does. According to a couple YouTube tutorials, however, turning the heat down to low and cooking the pizza for a little longer at a lower temperature may be more manageable for inexperienced pizza bakers like ourselves. As a result, the following is our favorite cooking method: Preheat the oven on high for about 15-20 minutes, then turn the heat down to low and place a pizza in the oven to bake.
- Cook the pizza for around 2-3 minutes, flipping it every 20-30 seconds or so, depending on the size of the pie and the number of toppings
The Learning Curve
I’ll admit that I was a little apprehensive about the learning curve that would come with cooking with the Ooni.I anticipated that it would be a bit difficult to get the heat exactly right and keep it moving.I was right.To my joyful surprise, after only a few of pizzas, I discovered that I had gotten the hang of it very quickly!I believe we are becoming a bit better each time as we refine our dough shape and topping techniques.
- But, to be quite honest, we didn’t cook our Ooni for a few weeks since I wasn’t quite ready to take on what I anticipated would be a challenging cooking procedure.
- I couldn’t have been more incorrect on anything.
- Using the pizza oven is quite simple, and I wish we had used our Ooni right away after receiving it!
- Grease and lightly flour the work surface on which you will be assembling the pizza. Also, gently dust the pizza peel before using it. This will make it easier to transfer the pizza to the pizza peel and then into the oven later on in the process. If possible, use semolina flour, but we’ve had no problems with all-purpose flour. Don’t make the crust too large unless you’re really comfortable with the procedure of moving it about. After assembling the pizza, you’ll need to transfer the finished product on a pizza peel before sliding it into the oven. The smaller the pizza, the less difficult it is to make. The larger the pizza, the greater the likelihood that you will wind up with a tangled mess. Despite the fact that the 16″ Koda can handle a 16″ pie, we still keep them between 10″ and 12″. I usually divide a one-pound ball of dough in half and use the other half to roll out two pizzas
- don’t overwork the dough at this point. The key to achieving that distinctive pizza crust is to handle the dough as little as possible throughout the baking process. As it turns out, I got quite lucky since my spouse used to work in the pizza industry and is, in essence, an expert. He suggests that you use your fingers to gently press the dough into the crust while rotating it in a circle around your hands. then smacking it back and forth between your hands/forearms until it grows to a sufficient size. In an ideal situation, the dough should be thicker at the borders and very thin in the centre. Using this method, you will achieve the unique wood fired pizza oven texture that you are searching for. If the dough is too thick in the centre, the pizza will not cook through completely
- avoid piling on too many toppings on your pizza. Another approach to guarantee that your pizza is fully cooked is to top it with only the bare minimum of toppings. I’d recommend using half of the ingredients you’d typically use for a pizza that’s going to be baked in a conventional oven. Because of the number of toppings on the pizza, the transfer is a bit difficult, and the more toppings you have, the more difficult it is. As a result, keep it basic and apply a little layer of cream on top. This is not the time to whip up your famous extra extra cheese pizza, as you may think!
- Don’t allow yourself to become distracted. When you’re making pizza in the Ooni, you want to devote all of your attention to that particular pizza. Due to the high temperatures inside the oven (over 900 degrees), it’s critical to keep a close eye on the pie since it may go from perfectly done to perfectly charred in a matter of seconds.
I’ll admit that I was both eager and doubtful that the flavor would be as close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven as it turned out.And holy cow, I was completely taken aback!Despite the fact that it is made solely with gas, the flavor is remarkably comparable to that of wood-fired pizza.You get those wonderfully charred small pieces all over the pizza, the dough is delicate on the inside and very crunchy on the outside, and the cheese melts into an ooey-gooey melty mess in only a few of minutes!I could go on and on about how great the pizza is, but I’ll just say that you’ll be shocked at the difference between the pizza you make in your Ooni and the pizza you make in your oven after you taste it.
- They just cannot be compared.
Which Dough to Use
Actually, we buy dough from the grocery store 9 times out of 10 for this recipe. In the Ooni, they have a wonderfully excellent dough that is both affordable and cooks exceptionally well. We do, however, use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough when I’m in the mood for something more traditional and handmade.
- 16″ Pizza Peel – The 16″ pizza peel is one of our favorites! The long handle makes it simple to place the pizza directly into the oven
- nevertheless, it is not recommended.
- Although we have not yet acquired a turning peel, I would definitely recommend purchasing a pizza turning wheel to aid in the turning of the pizza while it is in the oven. We are presently only using the pizza peel to accomplish this, which is a little more time-consuming.
- Modular Table – The enormous modular table was something I debated and then decided against. I wasn’t sure if we should buy it or just attempt to locate something comparable on the internet, so I put it off. However, allow me to save you some time and effort. There is nothing else on the market that is equivalent to this table at a lower price point. With a shelf and hanging dowels included, as well as wheels to make it easy to move about, this is the ideal storage solution for any home or office. It is also equipped with brakes. You are receiving more than your money’s worth for your $250 investment. The assembly was also rather straightforward
- at the very least, I did not hear my partner swear excessively while he was putting it together, and I believe it was completed in less than an hour, even with a 5-year-old ″assisting″ him
- These adorable miniature pizza peels were also a welcome addition to our collection. Primarily for the convenience of having something on which to prepare the pizza before baking it and then something on which to slice it once it is baked. Infrared thermometer – We have not yet purchased an infrared thermometer, but I have heard that it is really useful in determining whether or not the pizza oven has reached the desired temperature and is ready to cook.
Where to Buy an Ooni
The Ooni pizza ovens may be purchased directly from the company’s website, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The costs are quite comparable, although there are sales from time to time, so shop around to see where you can get the greatest bargain.
One of the things that drew me to the Ooni was the fact that it required no cleaning! The temperature inside the oven rises to such a high level that there is no longer any need to clean or sterilize the interior of the oven. The outside will obviously need to be cleaned from time to time as dust collects on it, but other than that, there is no need to clean!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 inches in height, 25 inches in width, and 20 inches in depth.Then we set it on a modular table that is 30 x 30 inches in dimension.We keep it in a corner of our garage, where it doesn’t take up a lot of room and is easily accessible.Snow and rain will shorten its lifespan if it is kept out of the elements.If you don’t have a covered location to store it, Ooni also makes a waterproof cover that you can purchase separately.
Good for Weeknight Use
Getting the Ooni all set up for only two pizzas (which is what we generally do as a family of three) might sound like a lot of work, but I promise you that it isn’t!With the Ooni modular table that we purchased, it was simple to move it into and out of the garage.It is just a matter of connecting the propane and letting it heat while you prepare the pizzas.Weeknight cooking is perfectly feasible, and we haven’t even used our oven to cook a pizza since we acquired it!
It is Worth the Hype?
Yes, it is correct.I now see why there was so much excitement.The Ooni is well worth the money spent because of the experience it provides.I use the word ″experience″ because I believe that preparing and cooking meals may be a pleasurable event.My general feelings on that, Ooni, are that I was expecting a lot more work from everyone and everything.
- In terms of preparation and cooking, I anticipated a time-consuming setup, and I had no idea what to expect when it came to cleaning up.
- I was right.
- The Ooni is a pretty basic, easy outdoor pizza oven experience, which I am extremely delighted to discover.
- The installation is simple.
- Preparing the pizzas, preheating the oven, and cooking them are all rather simple tasks.
- Aside from that, there is essentially no clean up.
Also, because it’s so lightweight and portable, I can definitely see us bringing it camping with us when the flames aren’t raging!
Is the Ooni Right For You?
When it comes to pizza, having a tiny outside area, a little storage room to keep everything dry, and enjoying having a beer outdoors while you make supper, then the Ooni is the grill for you! To learn more about the Ooni pizza ovens and to choose which one is best for you, please visit our website by clicking here.
Top 4 Considerations When Buying a Residential Pizza Oven
Pizza ovens, more so than the ingredients, sauces, and other factors, have a significant impact on the flavor of the dish or pizza.When it comes to selecting a decent residential pizza oven for your house, it can be difficult to determine which one is the best fit for you because there are so many various models available on the market.There is a dizzying assortment of pizza ovens available, including gas and wood-fired models, tabletop and portable models, as well as commercial and industrial-sized models.Four (4) tips should assist you in learning what to look for when selecting the most appropriate pizza oven for your needs and requirements.
1. Space Available at Home
Measuring the space available for the installation of your pizza oven will ensure that it will fit properly in your gathering area and that you will have enough room to walk around while cooking and mingling with friends and family.Additionally, because wood-fired pizza ovens emit smoke, consider installing a long chimney to direct the smoke away from the chef’s workspace.If you have no plans to relocate within the next five years, you might want to consider upgrading to a stronger oven or incorporating an oven into the current construction of your home, whether indoors or outside.Beautiful original brick ovens from Portugal are available, but because they are heavy, they would need to be installed in a permanent place until you wished to transfer them.Aside from that, there are pizza oven kits, such as the CBO-750 Bundle, that allow you to cover your oven with a variety of materials of your choosing.
- Authentic Pizza Ovens offers a portable oven, the Maximus, that can be easily moved out of the way when not in use.
- This is a good option if you don’t have a lot of available room in your kitchen.
2. The Amount of Food You Plan to Cook
Different types of pizza ovens will be required for different types of houses and demands, and the amount of food you want to cook in your pizza oven will be the most important aspect in determining the size of the oven you require.Some home pizza ovens, such as the Alfa Ciao, can cook one to two pizzas at a time, whilst larger ovens, such as the Italian-designed 4 Pizze, will be able to handle more food for a larger family or for individuals who routinely entertain a large group of visitors at the same time.The greatest outdoor pizza ovens are built to last a lifetime, so think about what kind of capacity you could need in 5 to 10 years from now when purchasing one.
3. Design and Materials
Residential pizza oven design is critical; a typical error that many customers make is to purchase a less priced pizza oven model that is not designed efficiently enough to meet their requirements.The sorts of materials used in a conventional pizza oven are just as important as the design of the oven itself.Different types of materials, such as brick, stone, steel, or other materials, will have a direct impact on the effectiveness of the oven as well as the price of the oven.Examples include the Authentic Pizza Ovens, which use a patented design that combines 100 percent clay, refractory cement, ROCKWOOL insulation, and a steel door to maintain high temperatures for up to 3 hours, making it one of the greatest wood-fired pizza ovens available.
4. Fuel Options
The type of fuel you use to heat your oven will undoubtedly have an impact on the flavor of your cuisine.If you enjoy the flavors of wood-fired pizza, consider purchasing a wood-burning pizza oven, which is a popular choice for domestic pizza ovens since, in addition to producing fantastic flavors for your meal, they do not require an electric power source.Gas, electricity, and charcoal are some of the other fuel options available.If you are searching for a pizza oven that will light and heat up really quickly, a gas pizza oven may be the best option for you.Many of our gas pizza ovens, such as the Chicago Brick Oven CBO-750 Hybrid, allow you to cook with gas as the primary fuel source while also adding a piece of wood throughout the cooking process to achieve the desired wood taste.
When purchasing a pizza oven for your home, conducting thorough research is generally the most important step in determining the finest residential pizza oven for your needs.As you’ve discovered, there are several brands and models of pizza ovens available, both