With those two factors in mind, you can start calculating how much to tip your pizza delivery driver. Generally speaking, delivery orders that are less than $20 are given a minimum tip of $3. If the order is over $20, then it’s customary to calculate a tip that is 10%-15% of the order (but never less than $5).
The general consensus in the industry is to tip $2 to $3 per pie delivered. But also look at how much your tip is compared to the entire bill. At the minimum, you should tip 10 percent of the total bill. A tip of 16 percent of the bill is for normal service and 20 percent is for exceptional service.
How much should you tip your pizza delivery driver?
If your order falls under the following conditions, you should tip more, between 15 and 20%: Party-sized orders (think 10 pizzas, or tons of Chinese food with lots of sides) Lots of special requests, add-ons, substitutions, etc. If the driver called with updates or otherwise went above and beyond Should You Ever Tip Less?
How much should you tip for takeout?
The tipping rules for takeout aren’t the same. If your bill is higher—say, over $50—tip 10% of the total order. What If I Paid a Delivery Fee?
Do you tip when you order pizza from Dominos?
All tipping is created equal, even if ordered from a national pizza chain like Dominos, Papa Johns and Pizza Hut. Hook up the pizza delivery person with a nice tip and get some good pizza karma. Until then, stay cheesy.
How do I pay for a pizza delivery?
The pizza delivery driver will bring a receipt for you to sign if paying by credit card. This receipt will include a tip line as you see at normal restaurants. Add tip, calculate the total, and sign the receipt. Please note that to pay by credit card, you typically need to call and provide your credit card number or pay online.
How much do you tip for $40 pizza delivery?
How much do you tip for a $40 pizza delivery? Is $5 a good pizza tip? $5 is a fair tip, but only if your order cost less than $20 total.
Is 4 dollars a good tip for pizza?
It highly depends on the delivery area, but the average is around $4 to $5. Poorer areas usually tip less, except for drug dealers* and waitresses who tip very well. Not surprisingly, wealthier people tip better, but they also expect better quality service.
How much do you tip for $30 pizza delivery?
The Web site www.tipthepizzaguy.com suggests the following: 15% for normal service, with a $2 minimum; 20% for excellent service; 10% or less for poor service; at least 10% for orders of $50 or more. Don’t assume a delivery charge, if there is one, goes to the pizza deliverer. Ask the person who takes your order.
Is 5 dollars a good tip for pizza delivery?
Lifestyle and etiquette expert Elaine Swann suggests paying a $3 to $5 tip when the delivery driver arrives. ‘Three to five dollars is a sufficient tip,’ Swann says. ‘It doesn’t necessarily need to be a percentage of the food you ordered.’
Is 5 dollars a good tip?
Yes. Even if your order is under $25, tip at least $5.
Whats a good tip for delivery driver?
According to Jorie Scholnik, an etiquette expert, that calls for a tip. “Tipping 10%-15% is a good start,” she says. “I usually give the delivery person 15% if a delivery charge is not included.” If the weather is bad, The Emily Post Institute recommends tipping a driver 15%-20%.
Is 4 dollars a good tip for Doordash?
That depends on who you ask, but, generally, both customers and drivers agree that $4 is a fair tip, according to the study. However, that might be low depending on the amount of food you order. Gottsman suggests tipping at least 20% of the total cost of the meal, or at least $5.
Is $7 a good tip for pizza?
Tipping a pizza delivery person is not mandatory, but it is considered discourteous not to do so. If your order comes to a maximum of $20, then a $3 tip is typical. If your order comes to more than $20, your tip should be a minimum of $5 or 10-20% of your order amount, whichever is higher.
Is $6 a good delivery tip?
The quick answer: Tip your delivery driver no less than $3 if they provide proper service. A decent to great tip ranges from $3 to $10, and of course should be adjusted if you ordered a lot more.
How much does a pizza delivery driver make?
The national average salary for a Pizza Delivery Driver is $25,960 in United States.
Pizza Delivery Driver Salaries.
|Domino’s Pizza Delivery Driver salaries – 286 salaries reported||$10/hr|
|Papa John’s Pizza Delivery Driver salaries – 176 salaries reported||$9/hr|
|Domino’s Pizza Delivery Driver salaries – 156 salaries reported||$10/hr|
How much should you tip Dominos driver?
Tipping them is the least you can do to show your appreciation for their efforts! In most cases, tipping pizza delivery driver 5-10% of the total cost is customary. However, if they have done something exceptional for you such as going out of their way or being kinder than average then it’s best to tip 15%.
Is 3 dollars a good tip?
Appropriate tipping is generally based on a percentage of the cost of the service that was provided (unless the service is free like parking or help with luggage). For dining out, the typical guidelines are 15–20% for decent to good service. That $3 would work for anything less than a $15 dollar total bill.
Is Dominos delivery charge the same as a tip?
The delivery fee goes to Domino’s, not to the driver. The tip goes to the driver. If you want a way to get around this, pick up the pizza yourself. There will still be a tip, but you’ll save the delivery fee.
Order Pizza? Here’s How Much You Should Tip The Delivery Driver
- Almost everyone who has ever placed an order for a pizza or had food delivered has undoubtedly been confronted with the same question: ″How much should I tip?″ Though not in the same position as a restaurant waiter, delivery drivers are nonetheless in charge of delivering your order to the doorstep—and you wouldn’t believe some of the crazy situations that delivery drivers have been through before delivering your meal.
- Although gratuities are not required in the United States, they are appreciated as a token of appreciation for the individual’s services.
- If, for any reason, you do not intend to include a gratuity in the overall amount of your bill, you should at the very least request your pizza to be delivered to you.
- Nonetheless, let us return to the primary subject of this article, which is how much to tip your pizza delivery guy.
- In order to determine how much gratuity to offer, there are numerous considerations to bear in mind.
The truth about delivery fees
If you purchased a pizza from a restaurant and had it delivered, you may have noticed that the business charged you an additional delivery price. These fees can range in price from $3 to $10, but are often between $3 and $10. It may come as a surprise to you, though, because the vast majority of delivery costs go to the drivers. As a result, it should not be confused with a gratuity fee.
Minimum delivery fees
- You may also have observed that in many establishments, in order for your meal to be delivered, you must order a certain amount of money in advance.
- This is referred to as a bare minimum delivery cost.
- That this is directed towards the delivery driver should not be misconstrued in any way.
- With a minimum delivery fee, the restaurant will take the money up front and is not legally required to set aside any money for the driver (with a few exceptions related to the federal minimum wage).
- With those two considerations in mind, you can begin calculating how much to tip your pizza delivery driver for your order.
How much to tip the pizza delivery driver
- In general, delivery orders that are less than $20 in value are given a $3 minimum gratuity. If the order totals more than $20, it is normal to compute a gratuity equal to 10 percent to 15 percent of the total (but never less than $5) of the order. Several factors might impact the amount of money you decide to leave as a gratuity (but should always follow those baseline standards). The following are examples of situations in which a greater tip amount is appropriate: Deliveries that were made during inclement weather. Heavy rain, snow, and high winds, among other things, are all dangerous for individuals who are driving. If you’re ordering pizza to avoid driving in bad weather, a decent rule of thumb is to generously tip the person who brings it to you.
- In cases where the delivery address is greater than five miles away from the store’s physical location.
- If the driver was extremely courteous, provided exceptional service, or came earlier than expected
Bad delivery experience?
Is the order incorrect? Is it okay to eat cold food? Unfortunately, delivery problems happen on a regular basis. You should, at the absolute least, offer the delivery driver a tip, and then phone the business and ask to talk with a management about the situation, explaining your situation. The retailer, rather than the delivery driver, will be at blame in the vast majority of situations.
Why tipping delivery drivers is important
The majority of delivery drivers are paid the bare minimum wage or less, plus gratuities.However, when you throw in expenses such as petrol, insurance, and maintenance (resulting from the wear and tear placed on the car as a result of regular driving), these costs tend to quickly eat into any profits.Aside from that, there are several instances in which delivery drivers are forced to carry additional coverage and pay higher fees for their automobile insurance.To summarize, earning a livelihood as a pizza delivery driver can be difficult.
Tips may make or kill a career opportunity!
When You’re On Pizza Planet, You’ve Gotta Have It!
To satisfy your hunger for freshly made pizza, visit Pizza Planet in Amarillo, Texas. Since 1974, we’ve been making some of the greatest pizza in Amarillo for our customers. Give us a call at (806) 352-6666 or send us an email using the form below. Check out our menu, specials, and rewards, then place your order online today..
Reference this guide for how much to tip a pizza delivery if you ordered from a local joint or used a food app.
We’ve all been in that situation.It’s dinnertime, everyone’s hungry, and the refrigerator is completely barren.Thanks to technological advancements, ordering meal delivery has never been more convenient.From traditional pizza delivery to the numerous meal delivery apps available today, there is a good chance that you can have your favorite restaurant cuisine delivered directly to your home.
What’s the catch?It’s still really difficult to figure out just how much to tip.For your convenience, we’ve put up a quick guide on how much to tip pizza delivery drivers (and how much to tip in 2022 everywhere else).We conducted a taste test to see which pizza chain was the greatest, and we came up with a clear winner.
The Minimum Tip
After surveying the Internet, we’ve discovered that nearly everyone agrees on a $5 minimum donation.For example, if you reside in a tiny town with a limited driving radius, experts recommend a $3 minimum.) With so many people choosing takeaway and delivery over eating at a restaurant these days, many consumers tip for delivery using the dine-in minimum recommendation of 15-20 percent of the total cost, which is the case for many restaurants.If you consider the time it takes a driver to pick up the meal from the restaurant, bring it to your location, wait for you to arrive at the door, and then return to the restaurant, you’re looking at at least 20 minutes, and perhaps more.Consider the following: Would I take that vacation for less money?
Keep in mind that the majority of delivery personnel drive their own cars and are responsible for all related expenditures (such as petrol), not to mention that they must tolerate the persistent odour of pepperoni pizza lingering in their upholstery.(This would not be a problem if, in the future, robots were to deliver pizza.)
What If There’s a Delivery Fee?
You shouldn’t expect any of the delivery or service costs you may have paid to a restaurant or food delivery app to be distributed to the driver.In most cases, such fees are used to finance the costs of running the meal delivery app or service’s operation.Always remember that the restaurant and the driver consider tips to be a portion of the driver’s salary, so never forget to leave a tip.The guidelines for tipping for takeout are not always the same as those for delivery.
When to Tip More Than the Minimum
- If your order meets any of the criteria listed below, you should leave a larger tip—at least 20% of the total. Bad weather, such as sleet or snow (although we don’t recommend placing an order in such conditions)
- Orders for a large group (for example, 10 pizzas or a large number of entrees with a large number of sides)
- Delivery outside of the typical delivery range is available.
- If the driver contacted with updates or went above and above in any other way, this is a plus.
Should You Ever Tip Less Than the Minimum?
If the driver is excessively disrespectful, drives over your prized flower beds, spills the meal, or engages in any other clear violation, you can reduce your gratuity.What happens if the meal is delivered late or ice cold?It’s possible that the restaurant is to blame, rather than the driver.If you have a problem with your food, it’s usually recommended to tip the driver the bare minimum and then phone the restaurant to express your dissatisfaction with the meal.
They might be able to help you out with refunds or discounts.
To Sum Up Tipping
We understand that tipping may be expensive, especially when combined with other costs. In exchange for the convenience, you’re also paying for the extra time and effort put forward by the restaurant and the delivery person. You may always try our top-rated frozen pizza brand, which we have listed below! Recipes from Restaurants that you can make at home
Pepperoni Pan Pizza
The perfect pizza crust and sauce are two things I’ve been working on for years, and they’re combined in this recipe. I make this crispy, savory pizza for my family on a regular basis, and it is a huge hit with my husband and boys. Susan Lindahl, of Alford, Florida, sent this message. Check out these copycat bread recipes from some of the best restaurants in the world.
Asparagus Beef Lo Mein
Easy as it gets, this springtime beef lo mein dish is a must-try. It’s much more enjoyable with ramen noodles. The following is a letter from Dottie Wanat of Modesto, California:
Five-Spice Chicken Wings
When it comes to these wings, the word ″bird″ comes to mind. They’re cooked until they’re a lovely golden brown and infused with subtle, delectable Asian flavors. Because of the marinade that was applied overnight, the chicken within remains soft while the skin retains its trademark crunch. —Crystal Jo Bruns lives in Iliff, Colorado with her husband.
Baked Egg Rolls
They are minimal in fat, but the crispiness from baking will deceive you into believing they were deep-fried instead. —Barbara Lierman from Lyons, Nebraska.
Chicken Sausage Gyros
After a day at the beach, treat your family to this quick and substantial lunch that can be prepared in minutes. The whole wheat pitas are filling and delicious, and they are filled with vegetables and flavor. • Kerri George from Berne, Indiana
Garlic-Chive Baked Fries
Yes, you definitely want fries with that—especially these crispy, golden fries, which are bursting with garlic flavor and just a hint of spice. Mr. Steve Westphal of Wind Lake, Wisconsin.
Deep-Dish Sausage Pizza
When my family and I spend the night at my grandmother’s farm, she prepared the most delicious food for us.Her delicious pizza, fresh from the oven, was topped with cheese and infused with aromatic herbs in the dough.It was delicious!My husband and I, as well as our family, have come to rely on this pizza as a regular supper.
—Michele Madden, of Washington Court House, in the United States
Orange Beef Lettuce Wraps
This is a lighter version of a popular restaurant dish that is sure to please. I also recommend that you try these wraps using either chicken or turkey instead of ground beef. Cranston, Rhode Island resident Robin Haas
Baked Crab Rangoons
When I’m out to eat, crab rangoons are one of my favorite foods to order. I made the decision to make a healthier version of the dish at home. — Emily Higgins lives in the town of Wingdale in the state of New York.
Wisconsin Butter Burgers
It’s no secret that Wisconsinites like their dairy products—so much so that they occasionally smother their burgers with a thick layer of melted butter. My recipe is quite similar to the butter burgers that can be seen at several prominent restaurants around the state. Becky Carver of North Royalton, Ohio, sent this response.
Barbecued Chicken Pizzas
These saucy, smokey pizzas, made using refrigerated pizza dough, are quick and easy to create, and their rustic, hot-off-the-grill flavor is sure to win you over. Those on the go cookouts and summer meals on the terrace are ideal for them. The writer, Alicia Trevithick, of Temecula, California
Poutine, the ultimate in French-Canadian fast food, is often made up of heated fries covered with cheese curds and gravy, and it is a Canadian institution. This side dish is easy to prepare since it uses frozen potatoes and pre-made gravy, yet it still has the flavor of a typical greasy spoon. Shelia Terry from Henderson, Nevada sent in this message:
These delectable golden twists are the ideal addition to a spring brunch or luncheon buffet. Brown sugar and cinnamon give them a mild spice taste that is not overwhelming. People rarely eat only one at a time. Jessica Mooberry from Peoria, Illinois, sent in this message:
Chili-Lime Chicken Wings
Who would have believed that combining maple syrup, chili sauce, and lime juice would result in such delectable tasting chicken wings? Everyone in the family and guests will be scrambling to get their hands on more than one of these really delicious wings, so make sure you make enough of them! —Taste of Home Cooking Demonstration Kitchen
California Sushi Rolls
This tastes just as wonderful as any California roll from a restaurant or from a grocery store. Furthermore, it is one of the simplest sushi recipes for those who are just learning how to make sushi.
Sesame-Beef Pot Stickers
Having these potstickers as a late-night snack is a treat for me. They are also a good option for a fast snack during family gatherings. — Carolyn Turner of Reno, Nevada, sent in this photo.
I always have meatballs and pizza crusts in the freezer in case I want to whip up this speciality on the spur of the moment. With a tossed salad on the side, you’ve got a great meal on your hands. • Mary Humeniuk-Smith lives in Perry Hall, Maryland.
Crispy Baked Wontons
On a cold day, these simple and flexible wontons are perfect for a savory snack or combined with a cup of soothing soup. In order to save time, I prepare a large quantity and freeze half of it on a floured baking sheet before storing the rest in an airtight container. Beaverton resident Brianna Shade shared her thoughts.
Honey-Mustard Chicken Wings
Try these sweet and sticky wings instead of the hot Buffalo sauce for a change of pace. The likelihood is that they will quickly become your new favorite! The following is a letter sent by Susan Seymour of Valatie, New York
Vegetarian Pad Thai
This is a straightforward pad thai recipe that is packed with crisp veggies and fiery flavor. It’s quick, easy, and deliciously fresh-tasting. The writer, Colleen Doucette, of Truro, Nova Scotia
Double Nut Baklava
It may take some time to prepare this decadent, buttery delight, but the results are well worth the wait! Kari Kelley of Plains, Montana says the combination of coconut, pecans, and macadamia nuts is irresistibly delicious.
Herb-Happy Garlic Bread
The fresh garlic and herbs used in this dish will be a hit with you. The mild goat cheese that has been sprinkled on top adds an added layer of richness and flavor. — Test Kitchen for Taste of Home
Cauliflower & Tofu Curry
Cauliflower, garbanzo beans, and tofu are all delicate flavors on their own, but when combined, they form a delicious curry broth foundation. We make this meal on a weekly basis since one of us always has a hankering for it. • Patrick McGilvray, from Cincinnati, Ohio
After my kid tried cheese fries at a restaurant and couldn’t stop raving about them, I decided to create my own version of the dish. She like the fact that I can whip these up in minutes at home. In addition, the frozen fry packets may be kept and reheated several times. – Melissa Tatum, a resident of Greensboro, North Carolina
Super Quick Chicken Fried Rice
After the birth of my first kid, I wanted meals that were both filling and quick to prepare. This fried rice is now a regular part of our supper cycle at our house. The author, Alicia Gower, of Auburn, New York
Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza
In an attempt to replicate the deep-dish pizza recipe from a prominent restaurant, my husband and I made Chicago-style deep-dish pizza, which I believe was even better than the original. Cooking it in a cast-iron pan is the key to success. • Lynn Hamilton (Naperville, Illinois) says:
Korean wontons (known as mandoo in Korean) are not as hot and spicy as many traditional Korean meals, such as kimchi. The fried dumplings, which are filled with affordable veggies and meat, are really simple to create and extremely wonderful! Christina Lee from Horsham, Pennsylvania, contributed to this article.
Chicken Tikka Masala
This Indian-style chicken tikka masala recipe has flavors that have me going back for more. It’s a simple meal flavored with garam masala, cumin, and gingerroot that is really delicious. Jessica Bell from Logan, Utah contributed to this article.
Like ‘Em Hot Wings
These hot and spicy Buffalo-style chicken wings have a fantastic seasoning blend. You can whip up a batch in no time and they will be gone in no time! — Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas, is a writer.
Fast Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Cheesesteaks and pizza are two of my favorite foods, so I couldn’t resist combining them. We make a hand-held feast out of a pizza crust topped with roast meat, cheese, and vegetables. Jackie Hannahs of Cedar Springs, Michigan sent this in:
Veggie Sushi Rolls
These sushi rolls are perfect as a finger snack, side dish, or even a full-course meal. They’re quite adaptable and may be prepared with whatever vegetables you like. Making these is a lot of fun for the kids. San Diego, California resident Sarah Christenson writes:
Bread Machine Naan
Using a bread machine, you can quickly and easily manufacture chewy yeast-raised flat bread. With your favorite Indian cuisine, serve naan on the side to soak up the curries and sauces. — Shannon Ventresca of Middleboro, Massachusetts, is the author of this article.
Pork & Vegetable Spring Rolls
My initial notion was that rice paper wrappers would be a simple and entertaining way to package salad items into a portable snack or dinner. I’ve also made it with prawns or with cranberries added in. Experiment as much as you want! Ozark, Missouri resident Marla Strader contributed to this article.
Spicy Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
These fall-off-the-bone delicate wings with just the right amount of fire to keep you coming back for more. Using a chilled blue cheese dressing, you can create the perfect taste combination for dipping your vegetables. Kevin Henderson from Hayward, Wisconsin sent in this message:
Swiss Cheese Bread
Whether you serve it as an appetizer or as a side dish, this bread will be a hit with everyone who tries it. You may prepare it ahead of time and store it in the freezer for ultimate convenience! — Karla Boice of Mahtomedi, Minnesota, is a writer.
Saucy Beef with Broccoli
Whenever I’m searching for a quick supper, I turn to this beef and broccoli stir-fry recipe for inspiration. An enticing sauce prepared with garlic and ginger is served alongside the dish. —Rosa Evans, from Odessa, Missouri.
Veggie Pizza with Herbed Tomato Crust
This recipe is one of my favorites since the crust is extremely tasty, thanks to the use of tomato juice in place of most of the oil. It’s one of my children’s favorite dinners! • Karen Shipp, from San Antonio, Texas.
Asian Tofu Noodle Soup
This vegetable and noodle soup is flavored with ginger, garlic, and sherry, and it’s a crowd pleaser. Peanuts and green onions are some of our favorite garnishes for this dish. — Diana Rios, a resident of Lytle, Texas
Grilled Cherry-Glazed Chicken Wings
No matter how many times I bring these grilled wings to occasions, there are always leftovers. They are well-liked by their friends and family. —Ashley Gable, from Atlanta, Georgia —
Dad’s Favorite Pizza
We cook this pizza for our father anytime he gets a hankering for it, thanks to our daughter, Stephanie. With a piece of this deep-dish delicacy, meat aficionados will more than satisfy their cravings for red meat. Nancy Jo Leffler of DePauw, Indiana, sent this message.
How Much To Tip Pizza Delivery Drivers (Use Our Calculator)
You need to choose how much to tip for pizza delivery as soon as possible. The good news is that we take the stress out of pizza delivery tipping with our simple cost calculation and tipping instructions that everyone can follow.
Use Our Pizza Tip Calculator
The tip calculator below will assist you in determining how much to tip the pizza delivery person by selecting a tip percentage. It also allows you to split the cost between you and the delivery person:
Pizza Delivery Tip Guide
- Here’s everything you need to know about tipping for pizza, from guidelines and things to consider to why you should always pay your driver a reasonable gratuity. The following is a suggested tip for the pizza delivery driver to consider: In most cases, 15 percent is the suggested tip percentage
- 10 percent or less for average treatment
- 20 percent or more for exceptional service
- Minimum 10% discount on purchases of $100 or more
- Small orders under $20 are subject to a $3 minimum.
For small and big orders, the standard tipping etiquette is 15 percent for regular service with a $3 minimum; 15 percent -20 percent + for excellent service (or if you’re feeling generous); and less than 10 percent for terrible treatment (or no service).If a delivery fee is involved, make careful to inquire as to whether it is paid directly to the driver.If it doesn’t, you should consider tipping.Note: Unless your pizza does not arrive on time, you should not try to take advantage of the driver.
They work really hard to deliver the pizza directly to your door as promptly (and as hot) as possible, and they should be compensated at least 10% of the total order.
Common Pizza Delivery Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the most often asked questions when it comes to determining how much to tip a pizza delivery driver.
Should I tip the driver if there is a delivery charge?
Yes. To begin, phone the restaurant and inquire as to whether the delivery fee is paid directly to the driver. If this is the case, be certain that this fee equals 15 percent of your order and is greater than $3. If it does not, follow the instructions for tipping.
Should I tip less if the driver is late?
Yes.What time are we having this conversation?If the driver is more than 15 minutes late, contact the restaurant to inquire about a revised arrival time……………………..Most of the time, it is the restaurant’s fault if orders are backlogged, not the driver’s, therefore do not cut the tip unless you are very certain that the driver is to blame.
If the driver is already out making deliveries when your order arrives and it is more than 30 minutes late, you may cut the tip to 10 percent of the total bill.
Should I tip less if the order is incorrect?
No. Make a phone call to the restaurant and ask them to either send the proper order or refund your money. While you’d want to believe that the driver double-checks the order before leaving, restaurants often have expeditors prepare the bags and just pass them off to the drivers for the purpose of expediency, thus the driver should not be punished in this situation.
How much should I tip for large catering orders?
For big catering orders, a minimum of 10% is required.
Why are delivery fees so expensive?
Delivery fees are collected in order to cover hourly salaries and expenditures incurred throughout the delivery process. They may appear to be pricey, but they are necessary to ensure that tipped staff get a fair wage and that the business does not lose money as a result of taking deliveries. Take-out is always an option if you want to avoid these expenses.
How do I tip pizza delivery driver with a credit card?
If you pay with a credit card, the pizza delivery driver will bring you a receipt that you must sign before the pizza is delivered.This receipt will contain a tip line, similar to what you would get at a regular restaurant.Calculate the total and sign the receipt once you’ve included the tip.Please keep in mind that in order to pay with a credit card, you must either phone and enter your credit card number or pay through the website.
However, the driver may be able to swipe your card using a card reader in rare instances, but this is not frequent.
Do I still need to tip the delivery driver If I ordered online?
Yes. Online ordering is only a convenience; the delivery driver is still on the job and fulfilling his or her responsibilities. If you made your payment online with a credit card, the delivery driver will provide you with a receipt to sign, which will contain a tip line. Tipping will be done in cash if you are paying with cash.
How much should I tip on delivery apps like UberEats, DoorDash, etc.?
- When it comes to tipping, the rules are the same across all delivery applications. The standard rate is 15 percent with a $3 minimum
- the excellent rate is 20 percent.
- Poor service: 10 percent or less of the time
Should I tip differently if I get pizza from a chain restaurant?
No. Tipping is treated the same regardless of whether the pizza is bought from a national pizza chain like Dominos, Papa John’s, or Pizza Hut.
Give a generous tip to the pizza delivery person and you’ll earn some positive pizza karma as a result. Keep being corny till then.
How Much to Tip Pizza Delivery
The triple pepperoni will be delivered in 40 minutes.It’s time to find out how much you should tip the pizza delivery guy on your order.On a chilly Tuesday night, there’s nothing more enjoyable than ordering pizza delivery.This convenient service saves you the trouble of driving in traffic.
Furthermore, it allows you to concentrate on the things that really important, such as picking which movie to watch.So, when the pizza appears out of nowhere at your doorstep, how much should you give the delivery driver?Let’s take a look at the facts of good pizza delivery etiquette first.
Pizza Delivery Tip Guide
- The standard tipping rate is 15 percent , but this number could change based on a few factors. Calculate How Much to Tip Pizza Delivery Use this breakdown for your next slice of cheesy heaven: 15 percent is the recommended baseline
- \s10 percent or below for inadequate service
- \s20 percent for excellent service
- \s18 percent for large $100+ orders
- \s$3 minimum for small orders under $20
How much to tip on large pizza delivery orders
It is typical to tip 18 percent on big orders (i.e., orders of $100 or more). There is an allowance for the additional work necessary to carry a significant quantity of food and deliver it securely to your door.
How much to tip pizza delivery with delivery charge
Many restaurants and apps now provide delivery services – for a modest fee, of course.Even in such instance, you should still give your delivery worker a 15 percent gratuity.As a result, the driver does not earn a portion of the delivery fee and must rely on client gratuities to make ends meet.Additionally, their hourly salaries tend to be in the vicinity of the state minimum.
What should you add in the tip amount when calculating the delivery fee?It is entirely up to you to decide.Always remember that the delivery charge is frequently paid to the restaurant rather than directly to the driver.It’s usually preferable if you tip your driver the full standard amount and don’t skimp on the amount you provide.
When should you tip more than 15%?
- If you believe your delivery driver performed admirably, you may choose to tip him or her more than the recommended 15 percent. However, excellent service isn’t the only reason to enhance your gratuity. Consider increasing your gratuity for any of the following: Inclement weather
- long-distance deliveries
- inconvenient sites, such as a high-rise office building
- Delivery at major social occasions (such as the Super Bowl)
- large orders that necessitate many journeys
- and other situations.
How much to tip pizza delivery from Domino’s
The average gratuity for a Domino’s pizza delivery order is 15 percent, according to the company. You should follow the same ″rules″ for tipping regardless of where you order food for delivery – whether it’s from a large national chain like Domino’s or Pizza Hut or a small local mom-and-pop operation.
How much to tip for grocery delivery
Nowadays, consumers may have almost anything delivered to their homes.In the case of grocery delivery services such as Instacart, it is customary to give a substantial 18 percent – 20 percent tip.Do you want to know how much Instacart drivers make?Alternatively, how can you earn some large gratuities yourself?
Your questions are answered in our list of the top delivery driver applications.
How much do you tip for a $20, $25, etc. delivery?
What should you leave as a gratuity for a $20 pizza delivery?For a $20 delivery, a 15% gratuity would amount to $3 dollars.As a result, you’d pay a total of $23.What should you leave as a gratuity for a $25 pizza delivery?
In this case, the 15% gratuity for a $25 delivery would be $3.75.As a result, you’d be required to pay $23.75.What should you leave as a gratuity for a $30 pizza delivery?Adding 15% to the total cost of a $30 delivery would equal $4.50 in gratuity.As a result, you’d pay a total of $34.50.What should you leave as a gratuity for a $35 pizza delivery?
- A 15% gratuity on a $35 delivery would be $5.25, making the total amount $5.25.
- As a result, you’d pay a total of $40.25.
- What should you leave as a gratuity for a $40 pizza delivery?
- If you were to tip 15% of a $40 delivery, the total would be $6.00.
As a result, you’d pay a total of $46.00.Is $5 a reasonable tip for a pizza?$5 is a reasonable gratuity, but only if your whole purchase cost was less than $20.
To paraphrase Vince Vaughn from the movie Wedding Crashers, ″It’s either a fantastic band or a terrible band; it’s like pizza, baby.Whatever the case, it’s a wonderful time.″ Pizza is the ultimate comfort food, and we’re fortunate enough to be able to order it online and have it delivered to our door without ever leaving our house.If you can, attempt to leave a 15 percent to 20 percent gratuity for the delivery person if you can.This modest token of appreciation may make a significant difference.
A content and creative specialist at CreditDonkey, a personal financial comparison and reviews website, Amber Kong has a bachelor’s degree in English literature.Send an email to Amber Kong at [email protected] with your questions or comments.Keep up with our latest posts by following us on Twitter and Facebook.
A collection of really good online calculators
The ″Good Calculators″ project is a collection of high-quality online calculators that have been meticulously built to run on a variety of devices, including PCs, smart phones, and tablets.This project is still under progress, and the goal is to have a calculator available for any of our community’s requirements, whether they are personal or business-related.We recognize that our project may be perceived as geeky, but it is our passion to provide this service and to make all of our calculators as simple to use as possible for our customers.In order for you to completely understand how our calculator arrived at its result, we give a thorough step-by-step instruction for all of the calculations or equations that you have placed into one of our calculators whenever possible.
This not only provides you with the answer you were looking for, but it also provides you with an understanding of how all of our calculators operate.We presently offer over 350 calculators to assist you with your math needs, whether it’s in the financial sector or with your schoolwork, or in areas such as weight loss, pregnancy, and a variety of other areas.We are continually striving to give our community with a greater selection of calculators by expanding our development efforts.Our calculators are absolutely free of charge because we think that all of the knowledge available on the internet should be free of charge and accessible to everyone without difficulty!We ask that you offer us with feedback and email us any ideas you have for our calculators so that we can make sure that any issues are fixed and that we are able to introduce new features and improvements.Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
- If you are a frequent user of our services, be sure to bookmark us and forward our URL to your friends and colleagues.
Here’s How Much You Should Tip Your Pizza Delivery Driver – The Sauce
It’s a chilly and wet Friday night in Chicago.It’s been a long and hard work week.Your sofa and a couple of Netflix episodes are beckoning you in from the cold.Because you’re too exhausted to even think about cooking, a couple of pizzas are on their way to you.
It’s the ideal way to cap off a tough week.And then, before you get a chance to finish the first episode of what you believe to be a series-long binge, your pizza delivery guy arrives.She quickly brings you your two pizzas, which are still hot from the oven and ready to be gobbled by your humble narrator.You clench your teeth as your brain scrambles to figure out how much money you should offer her: When it comes to tipping delivery drivers, what precisely is the policy?Is a ten-percentage point appropriate?What do you think about 20 percent?
- In other words, is it customary for this sort of food service employee to anticipate more compensation?
- Feeling rushed by the urgency of the situation, you dig through your wallet and offer her a handful of notes, uncertain whether the sum is sufficient.
- Let’s face it: the act of tipping can be a difficult transaction to navigate, made much more difficult by the plethora of complex rules and disparate tipping standards that exist throughout the service sector.
- However, in the United States, this is the system that we have.
Here are a few ideas and basic recommendations to follow in order to express your appreciation for your pizza delivery driver and make the procedure go as smoothly as possible for you.First and foremost, here’s a tip: Consider your delivery driver in the same way that you would consider your waitress at a restaurant.The responsibilities of a delivery driver are strikingly similar to those of a restaurant waiter in many aspects.
An employee working in food delivery, similar to a waiter, is responsible for bringing you your meal in a timely and pleasant manner.However, despite their efforts, they are frequently not tipped at a level that is comparable to that of a member of the waitstaff.Delivery drivers check to see that your order is correct, prepare it for a pleasant journey, carefully move it to their car, and then deliver it to your house.Moreover, they are frequently driving long distances, sometimes through dense traffic or inclement weather, to guarantee that you receive your meal in a timely manner.
It’s a profession that, in many ways, requires as much work — if not more — than being a waiter.2nd tip: The worse the weather, the more generously you should give your tip.Assuming that there is a foot of snow on the ground and that the local television station has issued a blizzard-like precipitation warning, make certain that your tip represents the threatening weather.
Taking delivery routes in severe weather is a more time-consuming and difficult (not to mention dangerous) operation for delivery personnel.And this isn’t simply a rule that applies to snow.Whether it’s torrential rain, strong winds, or bone-chilling cold, if the weather is particularly terrible, you should consider increasing your tip by a few dollars to compensate for the inconvenience.(After all, there’s a good reason why you don’t want to go outside right now).Tip number three: The larger the order, the greater the tip.
Although this pointer appears to be self-explanatory, it is worth reiterating.It’s important to make sure that the quantity of your gratuity closely coincides with the amount of food being delivered if you’re ordering a dozen or more pies for a corporate lunch or party.Larger groups of people frequently tip a fixed price of roughly $10 to $20 — although that pay might be very modest if you’re buying 20 pies for your whole team of 100 people.These orders frequently need a significant amount of strategic planning and labor in order to guarantee that all of the pizzerias are delivered hot, crisp, and on schedule.Be mindful of the work required in these circumstances, and you’ll be OK.
- Tip number four: You should provide at least $2 each pie as a gratuity.
- Here are some particular statistics and numbers to assist you in determining how much to tip your delivery driver, last but not least: There is a broad understanding in the business that a gratuity of $2 to $3 every pie delivered should be given.
- However, you should consider how large your tip is in relation to the whole amount.
- At a bare minimum, you should tip 10% of the total amount of the bill.
- For standard service, a tip of 16 percent of the bill is appropriate, and a tip of 20 percent is appropriate for extraordinary service.
- The greater the distance between your home and the pizza, the greater the tip.
- While there are instances in which these principles can be circumvented or twisted, if you follow these guidelines as a general guideline, you’ll ensure that you’re tipping your driver appropriately and fairly.
- Pizza delivery drivers transport you to a warm and delicious lunch on your schedule.
- So remember to tip them — and tip them lavishly — when you do.
Melanie Lawder is the author of this piece.
404 Page Not Found – CNNMoney
The majority of stock quotation information is provided by BATS.Market indexes are displayed in real time, with the exception of the DJIA, which is displayed two minutes later.All timings are in Eastern Time Zone.Disclaimer.
Morningstar: All Rights Reserved.Morningstar, Inc.is a registered trademark.FactSet Research Systems Inc.is the publisher of FactSet Research Systems Inc.All intellectual property rights are retained.
- CMA: Certain market data is the property of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc.
- and its licensors, and CMA does not endorse or guarantee any such data.
- All intellectual property rights are retained.
- Stock market indexes such as the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) and the S&P 500 (S&P 500) are all based on the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) and the S&P 500 (S&P 500) are both based on the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) and the S&P 500 (S&P 500) are both based on the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA In addition to being unique to DJI Opco, a subsidiary of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, the Dow Jones branded indices are also licensed to S&P Opco, LLC and CNN.
DJI Opco calculates, distributes, and markets the Dow Jones branded indices.Standard & Poor’s and S&P are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC, and Dow Jones is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC.Standard & Poor’s and S&P are trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC.
S&P Dow Jones Indexes LLC 2019 and/or its affiliates are solely responsible for the content of the Dow Jones branded indices.The Cable News Network will be launched in 2021.A Warner Bros.Entertainment Company.
All Intellectual Property Rights are Reserved.CNN SansTM and Cable News Network are trademarks of Cable News Network.
How Much to Tip Pizza and Food Delivery
When it comes to tipping your waitress or determining how much to tip your hairstylist, understanding how much to pay food delivery drivers or pizza delivery guys can be a challenging task.Even while tipping etiquette differs based on the occasion, it’s always true that a few bucks may go a long way, especially during current coronavirus epidemic, when delivery drivers are putting their health at danger in order to provide meals to those who are socially isolated.Follow these steps to ensure a seamless and professional transaction the next time you order food delivery, whether it be pizza or anything else.
Should you tip for food delivery?
You should always tip food delivery drivers (or couriers or motorcyclists, in certain areas), whether they’re bringing pizza or hot meals through a third-party delivery service or personally delivering the food.While pizza delivery drivers are entitled to the minimum wage, employees whose job it is to drive their personal automobiles to your house and deliver a cooked meal (such as those working for Uber Eats, GrubHub, Seamless, or another food delivery service) rely on that little additional money as well.Elaine Swann, a lifestyle and etiquette expert, recommends leaving a $3 to $5 gratuity when the delivery driver comes.″Three to five bucks is a reasonable tip,″ Swann says of the standard amount.
″It is not need to be a proportion of the amount of food you ordered.″ So, unlike when it comes to tipping a restaurant server, the amount you should tip for food delivery or pizza is more of a standard price, but there are some instances where you might want to give a little more, according to Swann.″Perhaps you reside in a metropolitan location and have a three-story walk-up apartment building.Alternatively, let’s suppose it’s pouring outside, or it’s a particularly awful day for traffic, or it’s that time of year with the Super Bowl or whatever, and you want to say something ″Swann expresses himself.″In some instances, if someone has gone above and above, you may afford to contribute a bit extra.″ If you want to be a return customer, a small additional fee might go a long way toward ensuring that you receive first-rate treatment.In addition, if you are ordering for a large gathering (such as a class party) plan on tipping more than usual.
How to tip if you paid by phone
These days, you have the option of paying by phone when ordering your pizza, paying using an app when ordering food, or paying the delivery driver when the meal is delivered.Swann recommends that if you pay by phone, you arrange ahead of time to have the $3 to $5 tip accessible in dollar notes.In Swann’s opinion, dealing with coins and loose change is something he should attempt to avoid at all costs.″Unless you had to search through your house and it was the only thing you discovered, try to avoid using actual coins because they may be inconvenient to deal with.″ If you want to pay the driver when he or she arrives, make sure to set aside enough money for a tip in a different location as well.
Swann advises against just handing the driver $40 and telling him to ″keep the change.″ For most service employees, cash is the preferred form of tipping, according to Swann, because it assures that they receive the money as soon as possible.(Knowing when to tip in cash might help you be a more generous tipper in general).If you tip over the phone or with your credit card, Swann adds, ″we have no idea what will happen.″ ″We’re not sure if a piece of the meal is taken away or if it’s distributed to the rest of the squad.As a result, it is always a good idea to have extra cash on hand, just in case you need to tip.″ Listen to Real Simple’s ″Money Confidential″ podcast for professional advice on a variety of topics, including how to start a company, how to quit being ″terrible with money,″ addressing secret debt with your partner, and more.
A kind gesture
When it comes to tipping food delivery drivers (or any other service worker), Swann recommends keeping a few things in mind to prevent an uncomfortable experience.In order to prevent dumping a clutch of change into the delivery person’s palm, it’s important to fold the bills properly.On the opposite end of the scale, don’t be concerned about concealing the exchange by shaking hands with a bill placed against your palm.
- ″Don’t hold money in your hand that are crumpled or balled up,″ Swann advises.
- Simply fold it in half and present it to the person—it is not necessary that it be a secret.
- With a friendly phrase and a smile, you may also communicate that the money you’re passing over is intended as a tip for the meal delivery driver, who will then be able to retain it.
- According to Swann, ″be sure you say anything, such as ‘Here’s what you got, thanks for your time,’ or ‘This is for you, thank you.″ ″Be sure to converse verbally with them when you deliver them the money.″ Another piece of advice: be patient, particularly when tipping for pizza delivery services.
- According to Swann, ″before you tip, wait for that individual to take your pizza out of the bag and present it to you.″
Even if it’s only $8 worth of food that I’m ordering?That’s a 62 percent tip, to be exact!Yes.
- Even if your order is less than $25, you should leave at least $5 in gratuity.
- Do I have to go to the pizza even if it’s only five feet away?
- They didn’t have to do much labor at all!
- You are not directly rewarding the deliveryperson for the minimum wage equivalent of his or her labor; rather, you are paying for the benefit of not having to leave your house.
- The very bare minimum value you should set on it is $5, which you should tip the waiter or waitress accordingly.
- And this is true even when I order from one restaurant six times a week.
- All of those suggestions add up!
- Who is it that truly does this?
Every time you get food delivered, leave a tip of at least $5.Even if I’m broke and can’t afford a $5 gratuity, should I still tip?The very notion that an incremental expenditure of two dollars — the cost of raising your humanity-insulting $3 tip to an acceptable $5 — will negatively impact your quality of life in a way that outweighs the comparable value those two dollars would contribute to the likely underpaid, uninsured, family-supporting human being bringing you a chirashi bowl is utterly ridiculous.However!If it turns out that those two dollars would actually pain you more than they would help someone else, you might want to consider whether it wouldn’t bother you even more to spend nothing at all, in which case you should simply leave your fart-filled apartment and go out and get your meal yourself.I’m having friends over and we order $80 worth of Laotian cuisine — since Laotian food can be rather pricey!
— do I have to tip $16 or do I only have to give $10?I really don’t know!When we’re talking about what is effectively a commodity service, percentage-based tips start to lose a lot of their sense.The ethical concept on which this essay is based is not violated as long as you are not tipping even a single hot cent less than $5, which is the case in most cases.
- (Also, yes, you should leave a $16 gratuity.) Is it possible that I believe tipping is an irrational habit and that I will not participate in it?
- The chances are strong that at least one person in your life — someone who truly means to you, someone you rely on and cherish and love — is growing increasingly resentful of you on a daily basis, particularly because you hold and act on this rotten opinion.
- What happens if the restaurant additionally charges a fee for delivery?
- That is not a tip in any way.
Give a minimum of $5 in gratuity.What if it’s pouring buckets of rain or there’s a freak snowstorm?Give a $20 tip.Alternatively, $40.Alternatively, you lazy monster might cook.
Coverage throughout the whole delivery week
Sign up for Eater’s newsletter.
Money Manners: How Much To Tip For Food Delivery
The following question comes from a frugal reader: ″Do I even need to tip 10% to someone who isn’t actually taking my order, saying hello, and doing all of the other things that servers do?″ An anonymous reader wrote in this month’s issue with the question: ″I get meals delivered to my house once a week.Some online meal delivery services, such as Grub Hub, provide you with three tip options: 10 percent, 15 percent, and 20 percent.″Do I even need to give 10 percent to someone who isn’t taking my order, greeting me, and doing all of the other things that servers do?″ I wonder.
- I understand the outrage about having to pay $2 in ATM fees, but what’s so wrong with tipping a few dollars to a meal delivery guy on the side?
- Because gratuities are considered part of their remuneration, many pizza delivery drivers and other delivery drivers make less than the federal minimum wage in many cases.
- They are often responsible for their own petrol expenses.
- Furthermore, the Bureau of Labor Statistics formerly ranked food delivery driving as the sixth most hazardous employment in the United States.
- Sure, the driver doesn’t accept your order (although I’m sure he says ″hi″ to acknowledge your presence).
- In the meanwhile, he picks up your meal from the restaurant, places it in the backseat, and brings it to your front door.
- It is OK, according to Jorie Scholnik, an etiquette expert, to provide a recommendation in this situation.
- According to her, ″tipping 10 percent to 15 percent is a decent place to start.″ In the event that a delivery price is not included, I often pay the delivery person 15% of the total.″ Tipping a driver 15 percent to 20 percent is recommended by the Emily Post Institute if the weather is really poor.
Here are some of their other standard tipping recommendations:
- Restaurant server: 15 – 18 percent, with 20 percent awarded for excellent service and 10 percent awarded for poor service.
- 1 dollar per drink or 15 percent of the total bill, whichever is bigger
- If you use a valet service, it will cost you $2 to return your car.
- Restroom attendants get 50 cents to $1 per hour
- taxi drivers earn 15 percent of their earnings.
- Food delivery: 10% of the total, with a minimum of $1. If the delivery was difficult (for example, due to terrible weather), provide a larger tip.
- The percentage of barbers and hairdressers ranges from 15 to 20 percent.
- The skycap is $1-2 per bag, with a $2 minimum.
- The cost of a hotel doorman is $1-2 per bag, with a $2 minimum.
- A $5 tip for the hotel concierge for making bookings, but no tip for giving instructions
- $2-5 per night for the housekeeping at the hotel
Other ways to save
If you’re not in the mood to cook for yourself and don’t want to spend money on meal delivery, there are alternative options for saving money.
Don’t get delivery
You will be responsible for picking up the meal from the restaurant. You will not be required to pay a delivery charge or tip a delivery driver. ″I don’t normally pay the to-go person because no one is serving my table, but if the person was very kind or fulfilled a specific request, I may include an additional $1 or $2 in my tip,″ Jorie explains.
In addition, using Grubhub’s advanced search feature might save you a few of bucks. Check the box next to ″Offers coupons″ in the filters section of the menu. This will bring up a list of any restaurants that are now running promotions.
Try meal delivery services
For those who have trouble getting to the supermarket on a regular basis, meal-kit delivery services such as Plated or Blue Apron may be a good option.These websites will mail you all of the ingredients you need to prepare a dinner at home for anywhere between $8 and $15 each meal (the price varies depending on whether or not you become a member).Related: Blue Apron vs Plated vs HelloFresh – Which is the Best Meal Delivery Service?
- The Cost of a Food Subscription Service: Which One Is Worth It?
Most individuals tip differently depending on whether or not they are having food delivered vs dining at a restaurant; this is especially true if the meal is being delivered to their home or office. Make use of the tips we’ve provided above to earn excellent tipping karma.
- Is it possible to save money by using a meal delivery service? What about the passage of time?
- Is It Worth It To Purchase Groceries On The Internet? A Review of the Most Effective Alternatives
Conserve your first – or next – $100,000 in retirement funds. Create an account to receive free weekly money advice to help you earn and save more money. We promise that we will never share or sell any of your personal information.
This is how much you should tip your Uber Eats, Door Dash or GrubHub delivery driver
LOS ANGELES (AP) – Cooking a dinner at the end of a hard day may be the last thing you want to do after a long day.Consequently, you open one of the meal delivery apps available on your phone (Uber Eats, DoorDash, Postmates, Grubhub, to name a few) in order to discover something that suits your taste buds and your schedule.The problem is that by the time you actually place your order, you may have already paid double the price of your meal in delivery costs and decided that, rather than paying even more money, you would prefer not to tip the delivery driver.
- According to a research conducted by US Foods, 66 percent of clients who use meal delivery apps base their tip on how much the delivery and service cost them.
- Fortunately, 95 percent of clients continue to tip on a regular basis, but 60 percent of drivers indicate that receiving no tip or a little tip is their most common complaint.
- According to etiquette expert Diane Gottsman, ″It’s already too costly, but that’s not the fault of your delivery driver, who is getting in their car, driving to work for earnings of their own, and giving you the meal.″
So, how much should I tip my delivery driver?
- The answer varies depending on who you question, but the majority of consumers and drivers, according to the survey, believe that $4 is a reasonable gratuity. However, depending on the amount of food you order, this may be a low figure to consider. Here’s how to take advantage of National Drive-Thru Day offers and freebies all year long. In order to be considered generous, Gottsman recommends tipping at least 20% of the entire cost of the dinner, or at least $5. ″They are also working for gratuities,″ Gottsman explained. ″That is a necessary component of their livelihood, and I believe we should tip adequately and courteously.″ When it comes to tipping, there are a few more aspects to consider: Gratuity in cash: Some meal delivery apps, such as DoorDash, utilize tip money to avoid paying its drivers their full payments, as The New York Times recently discovered in their investigation of the company. As a result, if a driver owes you $5 and you tip $2, the app pays them $3 instead of adding the tip as an additional charge to their bill. DoorDash has modified their tipping process after the publishing of this article, however the simplest way to ensure that the driver receives the whole amount of the tip you are paying is to give them cash.
- Carry out your research: Some delivery services do not require you to tip their drivers, while others provide a guidance on how to tip their drivers. Investigate their website to find out what they are expecting from you.
- Take a look at the circumstances: Consider factors such as how far my driver will have to travel on a given day. How far do they have to walk to get to the parking lot? Do they have to climb a certain number of flights of stairs? What kind of weather is it outside? And re